ATI Radeon 4800 Launch Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope so, I've had enough of Intel and nVidia winning in the Enthusiast class

AMD and ATi are only winning in the HTPC market (45w CPU's and 780g with the HD3200 GPU)

It will be nice to see Ati making a comeback. I hope this has the same effect on high end graphics card prices as the HD3850/70 did on midrange cards.

i just read the whole article. What caught my eye is ATI screwed up on my HD 3870 x2 n made it PCI-E 1.1 instead of 2.0. If u read on wikipedia about the two, it says that 2.0 gives 150w through the slot alone, not the 1.1.

In June, i will be selling (really) my HD 3870 x2 for $285. I would like to announce this now, tell ur friends! If no one buys, then ill just give it to my close friend, Difolo, who doesnt come to this site hardly at all anymore for free.

zedman3d said:
Does this mean that a 4870X2 will be as cheap or cheaper than a 3870X2?
Tom's is figuring $199 for the 4850 and $249 for the 4870 at launch. Sounds about right, but we all know the street price will go up due to supply and demand... and us being gouged because the retailers know they can.

Tom's is figuring $199 for the 4850 and $249 for the 4870 at launch. Sounds about right, but we all know the street price will go up due to supply and demand... and us being gouged because the retailers know they can.

I can vouch for that retailer screw over, i found a difference of $400 in the prices of a 9800GX2 between 2 or 3 Australian retailers. How is that possible....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom