ATI price cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
nvidia really needs to get the GTX260 down to 4850 prices to be extremely competive.

But impossible, the GT200 gpus are larger than the r700 gpus and word is that they have pretty poor yields. If that is true, ATI wants a price war because they know they can win, there would be no way Nvidia could have prices that low and still turn a profit. That is all speculation though.

But impossible, the GT200 gpus are larger than the r700 gpus and word is that they have pretty poor yields. If that is true, ATI wants a price war because they know they can win, there would be no way Nvidia could have prices that low and still turn a profit. That is all speculation though.

That's true, I remember seeing an article when the GTX 280 had to drop in price some b/c of the HD 4870, and it said nVidia would already be barely making a profit of them at that price...

AMD taking the Performance for dollar segment has really got nVidia on their toes

but if nvidia still did it, that would be amazing.

a man can dream can't he?

yes, it's largely due to the use of the 256-bit bus + GDDR5

512-bit bus takes up a large portion of the die space in G200

That said nothing about the 4870 1GB though.... is Newegg droppin price on the 1 Gig'ers? (Plan to buy mine soon, but I can wait a month if it's gonna fall in price)

yes, it's largely due to the use of the 256-bit bus + GDDR5

512-bit bus takes up a large portion of the die space in G200

the extra 512-bit bus, does it help the GTX 280 a lot compared to 256-bit bus? I have a feeling that the 4870 x2 has or close to hitting the bandwidth of 256-bit. Idk, im just guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom