ASUS Shines with New Marine Cool Motherboard Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well considering there are laptops that are desktop replacements, I don't doubt that they can do this as the have laptops that have SLI and Crossfired cards in them with RAID capabilities... It wouldn't be that hard in all honesty, they may have to up the layers of the PCB and make traces a bit thinner but they could easily get there if they wanted.

They could if they wanted, but they aren't and they msot likely wont. Desktop replacement laptops can really only compete with low end and midrange desktops on performance, it has nothing on our rigs. Also multicard laptops have serious problems themselves.

And how many laptops can do that? 90% of them out there use Pentium dual cores and 2 or 3 gigs of slow crappy memory paired with an IGP and a 5400 rpm hard drive.

3dmark isn't memory bound, its all about the cpu and video card. You know that. My improvement with OC'ed memory in 3dmark maybe got me 200 points. the 4870X2 is a beast wherever you put it, that's a given. My problem is this; the best memory on newegg laptop wise would be considered pretty crappy if it were desktop ram. This isn't a question of if they can make good laptop ram or not, its a question of if they are. And its obvious they aren't. The cooling on the Asus board is nice, but the laptop ram kills it for me. if it had real dimms (which shouldn't even be a question) I would be much more attracted to it.

The point that Rican is getting at, is that the laptop ram was able to handle such high clocks on the CPU.

You claimed that laptop ram was no good for us "enthusiast" and he proved that laptop ram can withstand massive overclocks.

Yes I realize that and did the same when I was overclocking my 4800+. But Rican was proving that laptops have decent ram as well.

Except he didn't. Cpu overclocking doesn't prove a thing about memory. Like I said the best laptop DDR2 newegg has is DDR2800 Cas 5. That's crap when you compare it to the 1100mhz Cas 5 people tend to run in desktops. if better stuff exists it must be hard to come by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom