ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO Motherboard

If you are in the market for a rock solid HTPC friendly motherboard that can take a beating, you should give our evaluation of the ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard the once over.

In 48 hours of Torture Testing, I tried my best to kill the motherboard. After running 100% CPU, GPU, and RAM for 24 hours I incubated the board. I managed to insulate it well enough after 12 hours to bring the ambient temperature up to a sweltering 56 degrees C for another 12 hours. The M4A785TD-V EVO never faltered. When I removed the incubator, I used an infrared thermometer to check some surface temps. Our Patriot Venom RAM was at 63C. The northbridge cooler surface was at 68C. And the chokes on the CPU power supply components were at 76C. WOW! But the fact of the matter is that the M4A785TD-V EVO was still running rock solid at 3.2GHz/1600MHz.

well, looks nice. but it's not a M-ATX board. kindve defeats the point of a small, quite, packed with features board ;)

well they do say it's HTPC friendly so i guess that gives it a purpose for being small...sounds like a nice board

no, i was saying that it's not small. thus not being a very good HTPC board. because most people want a micro atx board to fit in their case that will fit easily in their entertainment centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom