Asus GeForce GTX580 specs are leaked, and a video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
$560 is "not too bad"? I would hate to see what you call expensive. ;)

wow I am behind times, the 580 is released? the 6870 is released? Crikey, those two just slipped right past me. Far out...time to lay off the alcohol a little :p

dawwww I'm already feeling the urge to upgrade

20-30% increase....mmmmmmm

The 580 is what the 480 was supposed to be. Can you imagine how things would be if Nvidia released this full spec card last november when they where supposed to? ATI kiddies would have a zipper on their lips lol.

The 580 is what the 480 was supposed to be. Can you imagine how things would be if Nvidia released this full spec card last november when they where supposed to? ATI kiddies would have a zipper on their lips lol.

Not necessarily. The only thing that would have allowed this card to ship last november was a flawless TSMC 40nm process and that would have helped ATI equally.

Although even now it still loses to the year old HD 5970.

^In some tests it equals or tops the 5970. So while technically true that on average it 'loses' to the 5970, it's hardly by much. If the ATI fanboys were dismissing 16% increases as 'tiny' or 'negligible' when the 480 first came out compared to the 5870, I think the Nvidia fanboys can do the same for the 580/5970 considering the performance gap between them is much less than 16%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom