Asus GeForce GTX580 specs are leaked, and a video!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
Source 1

NVIDIA promises 'fastest DX11 GPU on the planet' very, very soon (video)
Source 2

Wait, so the 480 GTX was underpowered at the last minute? That's not right.

Back to topic, i am intrigued about this but i wont get my hopes up just yet.

doesn't sapphire use the same cooling method in their vapor-x cards? the guys' talking about it as if they had the original idea or something.

I love this comment I found.

Soon, nVidia cards will require to be used on open space or in a very well ventilated room. I hear they will implement a diesel engine to power a fan to cool the card!

here's some leaked pics of that fan

View attachment 4531

Attachments

• 070705_trent1000_02.jpg
    070705_trent1000_02.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 160
Source
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 detailed: 512 CUDA cores, 1.5GB of GDDR5 on 'world's fastest DX 11 GPU'

More news! The GTX 580 is what the 480 should of been I guess?

Doesn't really look all that impressive, just makes me wonder why this "should" have been the 480? Makes me think they just released the 480 to make some big bucks, and hold back for awhile and release the real deal for even more cash -.-

Power consumption slightly down, performance up somewhat though still trailing the 5970.
If the leaked Cayman results are true though it'll really be in trouble. Smaller die, faster, and lower power consumption.
Nvidia really needs to get to 28nm, though TSMC isn't making that easy.

I'm a little disappointed that Cayman XT's TDP is 224W - mind you, Cypress XT with it's 188W TDP only uses about 120 on average. So we'll just see what testing shows.

I think I'll probably stick with my 5870 until 28nm cards come out. Here's hoping that the rumors of ATI using GlobalFoundries 28nm process are true.

Also, it would be interesting if Nvidia started using GlobalFoundries (I think Nvidia would benefit from it).... though that's unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom