Apple iTouch... worth it? and... next generation/price drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
teh battery life on my touch is like.. 24-26 hours. without sweat. and I dont need all that space, and I love the way it looks. Plus good big video. great for long car rides

definitely agree with that 100% I will say though that a lot of what you pay for is the Mac Aesthetics and the design and sheer beauty of it. Also that its a mac and they need to have some financial turn around on it, and people would dive in front of trains for mac... Also just know that with videos the battery life drops significantly, like down to maybe 5 hours, I haven't done a battery test with the video, but I know once I watch a 30 minute clip the battery will be down a bit, but once I just start listening to music and put it on hold the battery pops right back up.

yeah, a 2 hour vid kills like 1/3 of my battery. but then music adds battery, so whatever. Plus it is a good sized screen, so what do you expect. I love mine, would never trade it for a classic.

Well NoClue , remember that I for one am a music fanatic. What matters to me is to have my music on me at all times , I have about 50-60gbs of music and the ipod classic 160gb is just for me for COST/SIZE, 2 USD per 1GB.

also with that comes the fact that you aren't going to listen to 50-60gb of music in a really long time. so unless you're going away to somewhere where you won't have your computer around to update songs, then it really isn't a big deal to just put on 8,16 or 32gb of music on and when you want something new put it on. Although I know you're going to say that you'll have either a really hard time choosing what you're going to be in the mood for, or you won't want to listen to a lot of what you put on and you'll want to listen to what you don't have on there. Also do you listen to every song of the 50-60gb you have? Or is it like my music library (used to be) where its just loads of full albums that I just torrented for a couple songs.

Well NoClue , remember that I for one am a music fanatic. What matters to me is to have my music on me at all times , I have about 50-60gbs of music and the ipod classic 160gb is just for me for COST/SIZE, 2 USD per 1GB.

yeah, I wouldnt trade, but hey, if it works for you, it works. That is what is great, there is more than one choice for music players.

also with that comes the fact that you aren't going to listen to 50-60gb of music in a really long time. so unless you're going away to somewhere where you won't have your computer around to update songs, then it really isn't a big deal to just put on 8,16 or 32gb of music on and when you want something new put it on. Although I know you're going to say that you'll have either a really hard time choosing what you're going to be in the mood for, or you won't want to listen to a lot of what you put on and you'll want to listen to what you don't have on there. Also do you listen to every song of the 50-60gb you have? Or is it like my music library (used to be) where its just loads of full albums that I just torrented for a couple songs.

For me, I used to have the same thing. Now I either dl the whole album and actually listen to it, or only get the one song

i will usually download the whole album just so i can have more music, cause i had a 30gb video 1gen ipod, but now that i have restricted space, i went through and deleted what i don't use, and im down to 5.7gb from over 23.

well I reformatted my hdd's so I went from like 45 gigs to zero. Now I am just Dling whenever I feel the need to listen to something. So far I am up to like... 5 gigs. in a few weeks. But I downloaded all of that in two days. So yeah..

Actually iv'e listened to every song in my music library , why would i get the albums if I don't listen to them ? And yes I was having a hard time with my 30GB iPod , thank god it died :)

haha, well i'm just saying that you can't listen to 50-60 gb of music in a 30 minute trip to school. if you were going to like (you specifically) china for a 2 month long trip and didn't have the ability to change out songs, then yes 8gb could get very old very fast.

but i can see where if you physically can't limit to your library to under 40gb then buying an ipod touch isn't exactly the best thing for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom