Anyone tried Maxxo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you download Box from your Android Device and sign up they were offering 50GB account free of charge. I got that as well as DropBox, Minus and several others that all do this. I don't see how this is a big difference just cause they offer 3GB more than DropBox free. o.0

If you go for Box before March 23, 2012 you are eligible for the 50GB free bump.

So what I got so far:

difference between this and others like dropbox and box

1. much better looking
2. friends on this is similar to circles in google
3. you can drag and drop files from anywhere into friends and files will be sent directly -this one is nifty I have to say.

no apple or android support yet. generic "coming soon" on the site... we'll see...

1. matter of opinion. I have no issues with the DropBox or Box user interface on my Android device.
2. Can send links to friends and have them download via a public folder or just give them a link to your public folder and tell them to check it whenever you upload new files. Same purpose, same results.
3. Yes it is nifty. But not something that will draw me away from my DropBox or Box just yet.

Not having support for mobile devices is not good. That is what most people are going to use this on. Why have it be for PC's only when there are tons of upload sites out there that you can upload files to and share with no size limits at all? Coming soon is a good sign, but a deal breaker. I upload files to my DropBox folder from my PC and then get it on my phone and tablet without ever having to connect them. That is the advantage of using such services.

It sounds like a good service, but till they get mobile support it doesn't serve a purpose for me just yet.

@KDoD, great well thought out analysis. Very happy to be part of an intelligent conversation these days on the net.

I think their whole take on file sharing (sending in an app to known friends versus posting links everywhere (perhaps influenced by Kim.com's demise ;-) is a trend worth following.

While I can see a benefit from such a service, I can also see it being put under the microscope and ripped apart. Since there is no real control by what is being uploaded and shared, it could easily fall under the "Piracy" aspect quickly. People can then use that service to upload their pirated material, share it with friends and cause the service nothing but trouble. It is for these same reasons that many sites like MegaUpload were taken down by the FBI this year. If they are not careful and at least try to contain such actions, their site and service will be removed quicker than they can release a mobile app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom