Anyone here have a Dell ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOne

Baseband Member
Anyone here have a Dell ?

When did you buy it?

Does it have any problems?

I'm thinking of buying a Dell XPS, as I heard they include the OS cd.

friend of mine has a dimension 2400 d/top. he's quite happy. . . had to add a new IDE to fit a burner but thats all. he tells me the chipsets are soldered to prevent shake rattle &roll during shipping!

Is it Dimension or Inspirion XPS? I used an Inspirion XPS and it keep crashing while playing Call of Duty yet a Dimension 2400 ran it fine.

y dont u make a custom pc? itl be a lil cheaper, and prolly better for same price. But with dell u get a better warrenty prolly, and all preinstalled. We have a pretty old 800 mgz dell, still works good, havnt had problems. It would def be better than getting a hp or sony in a store.

Anyone have a Dell? Wish I didn't.

They advertise their 'award winning customer service'...that award was won in 1998. How can there customer service win any awards...when it DOESN'T EVEN EXIST ANYMORE!

Just hope no parts die...if you manage to convince them that you need a replacement within two weeks I'll be impressed. It took 20 calls (all with huge amounts of wait times)...and tons of bouncing around from department to department to get them to replace the defective 802.11b card that shipped preinstalled with his laptop. It was over a month before he had a working card.

I would advise building your own machine. You can get the same performance as the Dell (if you buy the same parts), or better. I would actually advise an AMD CPU over the Intels Dell always ships computers with.

Dell products, excluding their desktops, are often of quite cheap quality. Their desktops are more acceptable. The main problem with Dell is the way they treat customers.

How does Dell treat thier customers? I bought a notebook from them and the hard drive is beginning to make a whiring noise each time I change the wallpaper and save a file. I just hope I don't get India on the phone.

I heard it's better to email Dell instead of calling on the phone, most likely you'll get someone with a heavy accent.

Oh India. I love those guys. If it wasn't for them, Americans wouldn't need to be temps jsut to work there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom