Anyone have a 3D Tv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, as is theres different ways of creating a 3d tv, and companies are supposedly working on ways so you don't have to wear the $100 glasses, and can just watch the tv it self, it's all in the optics.

pretty much what he is saying is that the tv industry is trying to learn nintendos secret and how they did it with the 3ds.

No glasses it has a decent viewing angle for the 3d to work, and the 3d works very well. my concern is due to the nature of the way nintendo has done it i wonder if hd is even possible in that manner.

^^ Sony and Toshiba already are developing this tech, 3D glasses-free HDTVs. I read an article off n4g.com a while back about it being released in Japan next year but will be limited to like a thousand units n see how well it will take off. If it does well, then it will come to the US.

It is the tech as the Nintendo 3DS but is being improved on to where u can see the TV at every angle n still get the same 3D effect. Idk i read it n am lazy to find that article :p.

Well, as is, the simplest way, is to take the glasses and make a huge lense, but then you have the problem of viewing it from angles, much like earlier LCD screens, so it will take awhile, but, if they can get a 3d TV, with no glasses, has great viewing angles, and can still display 2d properly, and display at atleast 720p, I will be happy.

No glasses tvs are already out or almost done being developed. Estimated price is somewhere around 12 grand for a 23" if i read correctly.

And Plasmas are basically junk compared to newer LED HDTVs.

Plasmas still have the best blacks, but, the energy requirements are just stupid.

And no one ever said they are close yet, but, I don't see $12,000 for such a set at all, they won't sell, if they wont sell, they won't make them.

No glasses tvs are already out or almost done being developed. Estimated price is somewhere around 12 grand for a 23" if i read correctly.

And Plasmas are basically junk compared to newer LED HDTVs.

This is not true at all.

LED HDTV's very rarely have realistic color. They look impressive, punchy and bright. But realistic they are not (unless you calibrate them, which no one does) for realistic reference level displays Plasma still has a slight edge.
This doesn't mean i like them, i prefer the less realistic and overly bright picture of LED LCD TV's. But to say Plasma TV's are junk is not true at all, if you see some of the high end ones they look fantastic.

LED TV's have worse 3D also, they suffer more from ghosting and crosstalk. Plasma's do suffer from it, but to a much lesser extent.

Anyway - you could get a 120hz 1080P Projector which will throw a 120inch screen, and with the new Optoma 3D Box that lets 120hz Projectors work with 3D Satellite broadcasts and the PS3 3D system, you could get all this for less than £1000 to £1200. And projectors do not suffer to crosstalk and ghosting 99percent of the time. 3D also works better the bigger the image. Projectors are far superior in this respect.

And it seems quite obvious (though not certain) sharp are making the glasses-less 3D screen based on Parallex technology. It's not to good and suffers terrible viewing angles, but this isn't really a problem for a handheld device.

You guys should really listen to me more.

Eizo Intros its First 3D Monitor that Allows Naked Eye 3D Viewing - techPowerUp! Forums

The 12 grand price and link is further in the thread. Also, if you have doubts about the price then read more into the thread. They explain why.

As to the plasma, been in way to arguments over that so im not even going to bother. Ill just leave it with, plasma is junk..nuff said.

I dont even really want to talk on the 3D BS. It was junk the last 2 times and needs to die like the ******* child that it is. If i mention anything about TVs, it isnt about 3D at all (like LED LCDs) because i could care less about 3D performance. The only reason i mentioned it was to say the technology is already around.

I do agree with projectors pwn and i wish i could afford a 1080p one.

Honestly I would stay away from 3D for awhile, Id wait for better prices and more to watch in 3D like regular shows...kinda a niche now no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom