Anyone Can Buy Google Glass April 15

Peazz

Beta member
This is great news for us techies, but $1,500 is a bit expensive don't you think? I will be holding out until they are mainstream and prices drop considerably.

In a shock and unexpected move by the Search engine and soon to be tech giant, they have sparked an intense rush for their tech which is undoubtedly the hottest eye wear tech to emerge in recent years.

This smart move by Google takes Glass away from the elite few and puts their Glass technology it in the hands of the general public, but at a price and you must be at least 18 years of age.

SOURCE: Anyone Can Buy Google Glass April 15 - Performance PSU

Yes, it is expensive right now, you can wait till mainstream and prices drop. Seriously, I think it is expensive, but it is really very good technology.

I totally wanted to! However, I started seeing people on the street with them in the first wave, and I was totally freaked out. Nevertheless, it is super cool technology that I would probably develop for if I could get the hardware at a lower price. It would be cool is they came out with a cheaper model...sorta like iphone did with their 5c phones.

They'll be great as soon as the next generation of them is out - if that ever happens, since the Glass is a research project run by Google X rather than being developed as an actual product for full consumer release. It's possible they won't bother with it for another half-decade since Android Wear came out (unexpectedly to the people working on Glass).

The internals are pretty ancient now, pretty much 4 years old at this point meaning the battery life and management is pretty terrible.

Last edited:
I'd like to try them out but they just look terrible. I saw a guy the wearing them lately and they stood out like a sore thumb..

I feel the same way... One day they'll be small enough to fit in my glasses frame. That would be awesome

Back
Top Bottom