AMDs HD4830 beats down the 9800GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
AMDs HD 4830 series hints 9800GT killer

Looking over the results, it would appear the little RV770LE based 4830 is quite the performer and leaves the 9800 GT constantly trailing behind. It could prove to be another fantastic bang for buck card from AMD, typical of their 4000 series on a whole.

news_hd4830pc1s.png

AMDs HD 4830 looks to be a 9800GT killer :: TweakTown

Holy crap.. now we got ourselves another HD 4800... I guess this would have been a GT if they had that old naming scheme?

God... are trying to kill nVidia ?! (or are trying to re-coop for the Phenom causing money loss [which is a good thing])

How profitable would ATI be as a separate company right now if not for the buy out and AMD's losses/expenses.

Its weird but the numbers mean how many times better the ATI card is, because the 9800GT is at the 1 mark. So the ATI card is 15% - 50% better.

Hmm its weird, they should show actual FPS and not those retarded numbers.

And i dont see why theyre going after the 9800GT, its really just an updated 8800GT which is almost a year old design.

Yeah its a stupid chart....but anyway it's good they are releasing this card as there's nothing between the 46xx and 4850 price-wise.

2 of this in CF will make for 1 killer setup for oh so cheap.....I bet with a little ocing it will be very close if not faster than the GTX 280

They are using the 9800GT as a baseline, hence the "1" across the board. It would be more helpful had they included the scale of each 0.1... is it a percentage, 10%, whatever...

Either way, there is some nice performance there.

They are really covering every little miniscual area of the market ey? Budget, MidRange and HighEnd and every tiny gap in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom