AMD X4 965 @ the 'egg! (Reviews inside!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully it means their manufacturing process is improving, and higher clocks can be achieved through overclocking.

Talk about milking the K10.5 architecture.

to me, it's just releasing an OC 940 at a higher price thus increased temperatures, idk. I use to be stable at 3.7GHz but now this stupid 0x00000124 error comes up every since i played Crysis on the highest settings for too long or something. IBT tells me im stable though. A hardware error is all.

Yeah don't mean to burst anyones bubble but I seriously don't see how this is an achievement for AMD any way what so ever. Like Wildside said its just an overclocked 940.

Yeah don't mean to burst anyones bubble but I seriously don't see how this is an achievement for AMD any way what so ever. Like Wildside said its just an overclocked 940.
Well it's not simply a matter of increasing the multiplier and that's it. They have to have a sufficient amount of chips which pass the (very) strict specifications, including power consumption (voltage, leakage), and stability.
chew* from xtremesystems, who regularly overclocks using LN2, said that the average 965 at least as good as the best 955's he's used.
4GHZ has been done at ~1.45V.

I'll have to agree with Apok, chew* knows his stuff when it comes to AMD. 4ghz on 1.45v is pretty nice, and he overclocked it to 4.5ghz on air (Xigmatek 1284).

CPU-Z Validator 3.1

That's a pretty nice achievement for overclocking on air. I know my max on air at the moment (720BE of course) is just below 4.1ghz, and even getting a little iota over that is pretty impossible.

4GHz on air at 1.45v? That is insane. I was able to reach up to 3.7GHz at 1.55v. Ever since i got that pesky 0x00000124 error, i cannot be at 3.7GHz anymore let alone barely 3.6GHz, which i managed to achieve today at 1.50v by increasing the latency timer, or units whatever, of my PCI-E from 64 to 248. Apok, u know what im talking about. We have the same mobo :).

i will fix my problem when i buy Windows Vista Business SP1 64-bit OEM n maybe a 500GB, 32MB cache HDD, too before Windows 7 Professional comes out so i can upgrade to it for free from Newegg :).

My X2 250 is at 3.75ghz 24/7 baby with a 1.45Vcore :p

Then again no L3 cache and its only a dual core.

I couldn't get over 3.85ghz with a 1.6Vcore though and didn't feel like melting my motherboard :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom