AMD Ryzen

The brand colors/logo looks cool but, so far, I'm not awfully impressed with anything I've seen. Seems like its basically AMD going "HEY LOOK EVERYBODY WERE JUST AS GOOD AS INTEL NOW... but we still use more power and generate more heat"

I do like how they support SLI - thats cool

The brand colors/logo looks cool but, so far, I'm not awfully impressed with anything I've seen. Seems like its basically AMD going "HEY LOOK EVERYBODY WERE JUST AS GOOD AS INTEL NOW... but we still use more power and generate more heat"

I do like how they support SLI - thats cool
From what I've been gathering we're looking at Haswell/Broadwell IPC with a TDP of 95W. For comparison the 6900k has a TDP of 140W. That also being said, word from the peanut gallery coming back from CES is that SR7 should be $350 and SR7 Black Edition will be the $500 chip. Since they all have an unlocked multiplier, we could have a 6900k with less power usage for $650 less and all the same platform goodies as Z270.

AMD has always supported SLI.

Whats up with this?

ryzen_specs_updated-100698885-large.jpg

If they're comparing it with the 6900k then just L.O.L.

Also while we're on the topic why the hell is the 6900k so much more than the 6700k? Its like 3 times the cost and not even close to 3 times the product.

The 6900k is a good example of how bad Intel needed competition. The base clock of 3.4GHz is also the lowest of the Ryzen line, and the 8 core should be around 3.6GHz instead. The fact that the SR7 can compete with the 6900k means good things.

6700k = Mainstream
6900k = Enthusiast

I am hoping AMD pulls off the hat trick and seriously gets back into the performance game. If they can do it without hiking prices up into the second mortgage area would be really nice as well.

I am hoping AMD pulls off the hat trick and seriously gets back into the performance game. If they can do it without hiking prices up into the second mortgage area would be really nice as well.
It won't be faster. Their only area of competition is same performance for a way cheaper price. Hoping they do this well before SKylake-X so we can see properly priced Intel CPUs for once.

Me too. I'm itching to upgrade my entire computer so I can use things like M.2 to have a smaller case. I can't justify paying $400 for a new Intel CPU/Mobo that's not much faster than my 2500K @ 4.5GHz.

I've always bought Intel, but I'm really annoyed with them lately. I feel like we're not seeing much improvement from them because they have no reason to improve, and thus we're getting these minuscule 0%-5% performance improvements with each new release... I wouldn't be surprised if Intel is suddenly able to improve 25% after Zen is released.

Back
Top Bottom