AMD Ryzen

Not really dead, just forums in general are dying out. The masses don't like message boards and want everything hand-fed to them, and don't want to log in unless they can use Facebook SSO.

Also, look at that Wraith Spire cooler... the bottom half looks to be an Intel cooler with those lovely push clips at the four corners which wouldn't be compatible with AM4 sockets from what we have seen.

Last edited:
Really thinking about replacing my 2500K with a 1700x.

Might look into a smaller mATX case and ditch this giant HAF932 while I'm at it.

Really thinking about replacing my 2500K with a 1700x.

Might look into a smaller mATX case and ditch this giant HAF932 while I'm at it.
Do you have a need for more cores? If not, it'll be a pointless investment except the case. I'm moving back from Skylake to a 2500k myself.

No, but I would like a MoBo with an M.2 slot on it so I can downsize my case easier. Also thinking about turning my 2500K into an ESXi host so I can set up a virtual lab.

No, but I would like a MoBo with an M.2 slot on it so I can downsize my case easier. Also thinking about turning my 2500K into an ESXi host so I can set up a virtual lab.
THey make riser cards for that, I'll be using one when I make the move this weekend. They actually have one with PCI-E and SATA M.2 ports on the same card.

so anybody think there might be a price war? I am not going to be upgrading right away-

still running a10 6800k apu- so I am going to be starting over- gonna take some time to save up the $$$$. cpu, mb, ram, gpu--

Someone just tell me whether I should buy AMD stock or not :p is ryzen gonna flop or not! *wish* I'd jumped on it at the start of last year. It's gone from $1.97 to $14.28. If you'd invested 2k, you'd have $15k now.

Back
Top Bottom