AMD Processor Roadmap, Launch Dates Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it for sure that the Deneb Phenom II processors are gonna be Black Edition? It could have locked multipliers. The Athlon 64 5000+, there were BE n not BE chips. I think the same went for the Agena Phenom processors too right?
there will be no such thing as a Phenom II 940 with a locked multiplier
920 will be locked though
So the 940 will be able to over clock to 4.00ghz on air? With a Vcore of 1.5~1.55?
Not 100% sure on voltage, but 1.55 sounds about right for 4.0
and most of the chips tested so far can get to 4.0 on stock cooling (increase the HTT a bit, as well as use multiplier). The only question is if the temps will be low enough to run it there 24/7.

The cold-bug is completely gone though (which my 9600 BE suffers heavily from)

there will be no such thing as a Phenom II 940 with a locked multiplier
920 will be locked though
Not 100% sure on voltage, but 1.55 sounds about right for 4.0
and most of the chips tested so far can get to 4.0 on stock cooling (increase the HTT a bit, as well as use multiplier). The only question is if the temps will be low enough to run it there 24/7.

The cold-bug is completely gone though (which my 9600 BE suffers heavily from)

what is the cold-bug

If the 940 was able to hit 4.00ghz with stock cooling then why can't it maintain 4.0ghz 24/7 with an after market cooler?

from what i read, thats what they are saying.

i could have sworn i saw somewhere they had one @ 6.3 (but definatly not on air)

Yeah, 6.3ghz was the recorded temp on LN2.

If the 940 was able to hit 4.00ghz with stock cooling then why can't it maintain 4.0ghz 24/7 with an after market cooler?

Why not??

You seem to be very negative about the new chips. And they didnt even use the best air cooler, this is the cooler that was used:

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Hyper Z600 RR-600-LBU1-GP CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Im pretty sure with good airflow and a core contact, 4ghz 24/7 will be attainable. The whole point is that these chips oc better and perform better clock for clock, even at stock speeds they will be very nice.

You seem to be very negative about the new chips. And they didnt even use the best air cooler, this is the cooler that was used

Its not negativity, I m just avoiding buying into hype. Just being realistic, I don't doubt that the 940 will be a success. What I doubt is these FANTASTIC over clocks on "stock cooling" we've been hearing. If I were so negative against Phenoms then why do you find me stating from time to time that the 9950 BE outperforms the Q6600?

im excited about the 940.

if i do have enough change to get one, ill prolly just run it @ stock speeds just like i do my current chip... maybe a lil oc for that super pi run.

im no amd fanboy or intel fanboy, but i do like the underdog because that keeps things moving in the right direction ;).

i am however an evga and nvidia fanboy hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom