AMD PII 940 + Liquid Helium

Status
Not open for further replies.
i increased the core voltage to 1.5v. Any higher the temp goes too close to 60 C resulting BSOD.

ive used 1.55 on my current phenom.
it doesnt bsod me. but anything past 3.7GHz will.

my bios idle temps with 1.55 were 34c, but then again, my mobo doesnt offer much past 1.5vcore in bios.

i've tried to find something even colder than liquid helium, but it seems it's the coldest?
it's still pretty far away from absolute zero so i figured something else would be in there...

heh, what AMD should do is train Team Finland as Astronaut's and send them out into space to do some massive O/C.
send a butload of DFI boards and processors and just let them spacewalk with the system just floating there

nice and cold up there XD

ive used 1.55 on my current phenom.
it doesnt bsod me. but anything past 3.7GHz will.

my bios idle temps with 1.55 were 34c, but then again, my mobo doesnt offer much past 1.5vcore in bios.

interesting. My mobo is using the SB600 so keep that in mind, i dont get the ACC that SB750 gets for further, easier OCing.

what heatsink and thermal compound are u using?

i've tried to find something even colder than liquid helium, but it seems it's the coldest?
it's still pretty far away from absolute zero so i figured something else would be in there...

heh, what AMD should do is train Team Finland as Astronaut's and send them out into space to do some massive O/C.
send a butload of DFI boards and processors and just let them spacewalk with the system just floating there

nice and cold up there XD

haha. i read the first bit and was like OVERCLOCKING IN SPACE MUTHA****AH!!!! haha. that'd be so epic to do..

Next big thing... One thing, liquids wont cool there best out there if there is ANY space at all in a closed loop... open loop... forget about it. So LN2 probably a no go unless it is perfectly sealed to keep any space out of the loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom