AMD PII 940 + Liquid Helium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wildside its not your cooler that is holding you back, but your motherboard.

To get 3.7ghz on SB600 in itself is amazing.

well thx, but i rather get as high as i can with this mobo. I cant change with a differ one because my dad will have a huge fit over it and i just have the mobo itself, nothing else to sell and idk how i can sell it except ebay. I still have yet to sell my case on ebay, still have work to do on that.

There's a guy that got 6744MHZ using liquid helium..... on a 780G motherboard!
Phenom II Frequency World Record! - XtremeSystems Forums
CPU-Z Validator 3.0

Dunno where he got his liquid helium from though
I'm not so sure ACC is helping PhII. Phenom I, yes. Though a lot of people are actually getting worse results with Ph.II's with ACC on....
I'd probably either point to heat, or that your chip isn't the best clocker.

It can happen. My 9600BE doesn't clock like it should either.

You got a Phenom 9600?

These Phenom II's are serious monsters for us AMD guys...

Too bad I can't use them on my board...

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA780G M2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

My friend posted one of the reviews (the two star one... about the whole "over 95w detected.. shutting down in 10 seconds..")

I didn't believe it until I saw it myself

EDIT: He told me he sold it on eBay, and is picking up a Biostar 790FX (because he loves AMD and already has a Phenom II 940)

Yeah, I was gonna grab the 780G as you may remember, but I updated it to a Tforce 790GX instead. With the combo, it's about the same price anyway.

Ya, but I recommended one's that don't hate 95+ TDP CPU's o_O

He was kind of mad.. but I would be too if I couldn't use a Phenom II CPU

I'm curious as to what the max OC someone's done on the i7. Cause over 6.5ghz is insane, no matter what cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom