AMD PII 940 + Liquid Helium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how much it would cost to have a apartment-wide liquid helium loop for all the computers that need it.

Then I wonder about how soon my apartment would blow up.

There's a guy that got 6744MHZ using liquid helium..... on a 780G motherboard!
Phenom II Frequency World Record! - XtremeSystems Forums
CPU-Z Validator 3.0

Dunno where he got his liquid helium from though
interesting. My mobo is using the SB600 so keep that in mind, i dont get the ACC that SB750 gets for further, easier OCing.
I'm not so sure ACC is helping PhII. Phenom I, yes. Though a lot of people are actually getting worse results with Ph.II's with ACC on....
I'd probably either point to heat, or that your chip isn't the best clocker.

It can happen. My 9600BE doesn't clock like it should either.

9600 Black Edition is a contradiction.

Just because it has unlocked multipliers, doesn't mean it can use them.

There's a guy that got 6744MHZ using liquid helium..... on a 780G motherboard!
Phenom II Frequency World Record! - XtremeSystems Forums
CPU-Z Validator 3.0

Dunno where he got his liquid helium from though
I'm not so sure ACC is helping PhII. Phenom I, yes. Though a lot of people are actually getting worse results with Ph.II's with ACC on....
I'd probably either point to heat, or that your chip isn't the best clocker.

It can happen. My 9600BE doesn't clock like it should either.

grr i think it OCs pretty good, it's heat that is the issue. Once i get a Core Contact and TX-2 ill be good.

grr i think it OCs pretty good, it's heat that is the issue. Once i get a Core Contact and TX-2 ill be good.

Considering the fact that your currently using mx-2 and a tuniq heat sink. You will probably get like an extra .1ghz out of that chip with the sun beam core contact.

Its a good heat sink, but you've already got a decent heat sink. So the improvement in temps wouldn't be anything jaw dropping.

Considering the fact that your currently using mx-2 and a tuniq heat sink. You will probably get like an extra .1ghz out of that chip with the sun beam core contact.

Its a good heat sink, but you've already got a decent heat sink. So the improvement in temps wouldn't be anything jaw dropping.

tastegw has the core contact. Says his temps are 34 C idle. He OCed his Phenom II 940 to 3.7GHz and has stability with his Core voltage at 1.55, mine is 1.50v.

Wildside its not your cooler that is holding you back, but your motherboard.

To get 3.7ghz on SB600 in itself is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom