AMD Phenom II X4 Sets 3DMark06 World Record

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also kind of funny that all the people who stated Deneb would be useless for 3D Mark 06 are now saying that 3D Mark 06 doesn't matter.

I think it's more that people are just saying that it's not relevant because it's under LN2.

But I think that's missing the point. The F22A holds the fastest all-motor SOHC 1/4 mile which is pretty impressive, but I wouldn't want one :p

Well there a difference between real world performance and world records.

Taking the number one record in 3dmark and clocking the chip that high is an amazing feat.

I'm not saying the record isn't impressive because it is. In fact I would consider the PII 940 the chip to get for anyone using extreme cooling.

But for most users ln2 performance is irrelevant because they will never use it.

Edit: gurusan beat me to it.

I've noticed alot more of these "real world performance" statements popping up around here lately. Fact of the matter is I'm going to buy something knowing what it's capabilities are regardless if I'll ever use it to it's full potential. This is just another example or reason to buy this chip. Hats off to AMD for creating a stellar chip. Seems like some people are alittle envious but thats just speculation. I'm sensing"fanboyism"

edit: as far as the making the clocks faster and competing w/ Intel's new gen chips thats just a rubbish statement. We've gone over why AMD is playing that game. What they are doing is the right approach to rebuilding their company back to the old AMD we used to know. Let's see, AMD produces a chip thats on par w/ Yorkfields but takes the WR over i7? Hmmm...... 940 is the better ocing chip. i7 tops out around 5.2 where apparently 940 is just getting started. I'm not saying it's the better overall chip but when ocing comes to mind it's obvious that it is.

I've noticed alot more of these "real world performance" statements popping up around here lately. Fact of the matter is I'm going to buy something knowing what it's capabilities are regardless if I'll ever use it to it's full potential. This is just another example or reason to buy this chip. Hats off to AMD for creating a stellar chip. Seems like some people are alittle envious but thats just speculation. I'm sensing"fanboyism"

edit: as far as the making the clocks faster and competing w/ Intel's new gen chips thats just a rubbish statement. We've gone over why AMD is playing that game. What they are doing is the right approach to rebuilding their company back to the old AMD we used to know. Let's see, AMD produces a chip thats on par w/ Yorkfields but takes the WR over i7? Hmmm...... 940 is the better ocing chip. i7 tops out around 5.2 where apparently 940 is just getting started. I'm not saying it's the better overall chip but when ocing comes to mind it's obvious that it is.

Well said.

I've noticed alot more of these "real world performance" statements popping up around here lately..

I'm not a fanboy, I will buy whatever is the best at the time of purchase. Right now that is i7 because I would never use extreme cooling.

Also this is more of a victory for ati than amd, the previous record was held by a 5.2ghz i7 with a cpu score of 9,036 which is better than the 6.6ghz phenom 2's 8,532.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom