AMD Phenom II X4 Sets 3DMark06 World Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdshiftdj

I feel funny...
After another session of hardcore overclocking our fellow overclockers in Team Finland, consisting of Petri "SF3D" Korhonen Sampsa Kurri and Sami "macci" Mäkinen, managed to break the 3DMark 06 world record using AMD's Phenom II X4 on the new AM3 platform. As you perhaps know by now, these babies low cold, not just regular -80-100°C, but far beyond -200°C is like cloud nine for these things.

By pushing the AMD Phenom II X4 processor to 6187MHz under liquid nitrogen, no helium needed this time, as low as it was possible (around -190°C) and the two Radeon HD 4870 X2 graphics cards to 870MHz on the GPU and 950MHz on the memory, still with stock coolers, Team Finland managed to claim the top spot of the 3DMark 06 ladder.

The complete system specifications:

AMD Phenom II X4 6187MHz (4500MHz NB) under Dragon F1EE pot
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe (790FX chipset)
Corsair XMS3-2133 2x1GB DDR3-1800 CL7-7-7-1T
2x Radeon HD 4870 X2 830/950MHz with stock cooling
Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W
Tagan BZ 1300W

It's the first time in ages that AMD could be found at the top of the Hall of Fame. A big Congratulations goes out to Team Finland and its members for their tremendous effort and remarkable achievement. The score landed at 35,698 points, an improvement of about 150 points from the last record.

Below are a video and a couple of pictures. We recommend the video for some cool (no pun intended) footage of boiling liquid nitrogen and the Finnish national anthem (it's really not, but still a decent song).

AMD Phenom II X4 Sets 3DMark06 World Record | NordicHardware

I can hear all the AMD boy's rejoicing!

now just get rid of the DDR3 issues, make those clocks actually fast...and then maybe it'll compete with intel's new generation instead of the old one :\

kinda funny how everyone is like " liek lawlz 3dmark means n0thin" until AMD scores good on it :|

Well i guess it kudos to AMD under those specific conditions thats certainly awesome but in the real world it does not work like that. :) So all i need is to get to -190 and it will be faster ? : /
Its like saying If i run straight rocket fuel for 1 run in a chevette and somehow it holds up by the grace of the powers that be and hit 200 mph and it blows the doors off a Corvette in the 1/4 mile. the Chevette is faster and better (hypothetical / farfetched ofcoarse but for comparison only)
But as far as it goes right now all other signs point to its just not under practical conditions the fastest. its not personal its factual based on extensive testing by people that don't care who wins.

QFT.

The same people who used to say 3dmark didn't mean anything now act like it's the best benchmark ever.

Well there a difference between real world performance and world records.

Taking the number one record in 3dmark and clocking the chip that high is an amazing feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom