AMD to demo GPU physics at GDC next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
you still said it wrong you said physx is obsolete and dead, not if ati uses it you said it is. and yes i did read teh article, ati and havoc would be itneresting, but im wondering what will happen to that partnership once intel releases larabee.

you still said it wrong you said physx is obsolete and dead, not if ati uses it you said it is. and yes i did read teh article, ati and havoc would be itneresting, but im wondering what will happen to that partnership once intel releases larabee.

What? Dude I can hardly understand that.

Look, if ATI shows that Havok works in OpenCL then yes Physx is dead. I don't know if your little fanboy head can take that, but when given the opportunity to use a physics system that has been widely adopted and integrated seamlessly into ALL video cards the game developers will go for it. In a world of Havok+OpenCL there is little room for physx.

All of the games that support Physx, can just as easy support Havok, probably easier really, and there isn't any licensing fee to using OpenCL, and Havok well understood and widely adopted. Physx isn't widely adopted, andif this pans out it probably never will be.

but im wondering what will happen to that partnership once intel releases larabee.
Larabee is x86, Intel can use the standard version of Havok off the shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom