AI - What is Mankind Actually Doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhh IBM's most powerful supercomputer couldnt even simulate half of mouses brain,so unless u have a brain he size of mouse id get off he pc and go to the brain surgeon. The Human Brain is too complex, although a pc is faster if the hman bran was used 100% the universe would colapse into itself, j/ about the universe stuff

okay so therefore that means it will NEVER happen? you cant possibly tell whats going to happen. technology is advancing so fast that its almost certainly going to happen. like i said theyve already replicated a small part of the human brain. they used chip boards with a cpu the size of a dinner plate (the board not the CPU) and stacked them all in racks, with about 30 or so racks or so.

you cant say something will never happen in the future dude. your not psychic.

btw its a myth that the brain only uses 10% of its capacity

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Ten Percent of our Brains

no computer,or super computing grid available will ever match the potential of the human brain

Chris has been hit in the brain for 2000hp and received a critical hit.

OK humanity is the most intelligent creature on the face of the earth and in the last few thousand years we have gone from hunter gatherers living in caves to people who have travel to the moon explored near space (albeit with probes) and that was in the last 60 years.

Micro technology is advancing at a unparalleled rate than any other technology in the history of our species, so is it rely inconceivable that in the future we will create a computer that will have the same processing power of our own brain or greater?

It may take time for it to come about but baring any disaster man made or natural it will happen in our lifetimes I don't know but it is going to happen an when it dose I just hope we are advanced enough to deal with the ramifications that are bound to arise. What if it demands the same rights as us? Freedom, The ability to replicate more of it's own kind, that is the real ramifications of what humanity is going to have to deal with not also the fact that we have created intelligent life! Because if we create a AI that is equal or greater to us and that isn't considered creating life I have no idea what is.

if i was in charge, i would create a huge EMP grid in major parts of the world where robots were likely to be, so if there was a revolt, we could just wipe them all out.

A revolt by a AI is the worst case scenario, also it is a little far fetched that it would take after it's builders just because we constantly find better ways to kill our each other doesn't mean that a AI would take the same way.

Also Isac Assamov (sp?) in his I robot book's created the 3 laws that in theory would not allow a AI to hurt a human in any way or by any action that would allow a human to be harmed, although he himself found a flaw in the 3rd law this was made clear in the movie that if the AI decided that we where to violent for our own good they might step in as a force for good and attempt to control us.

A revolt by a AI is the worst case scenario, also it is a little far fetched that it would take after it's builders just because we constantly find better ways to kill our each other doesn't mean that a AI would take the same way.

Also Isac Assamov (sp?) in his I robot book's created the 3 laws that in theory would not allow a AI to hurt a human in any way or by any action that would allow a human to be harmed, although he himself found a flaw in the 3rd law this was made clear in the movie that if the AI decided that we where to violent for our own good they might step in as a force for good and attempt to control us.

you should watch the animatrix: the second renaissance part one and two. the two parts are free and available here:
Animatrix
and here:
The Second Renaissance Part -1

i like the two theories of why an uprise would happen; the terminator, the the second renaissance.

1) robot's looking at humanity as inferior, feeling a need to stamp it out

2) human fear drives the human race to try and eradicate all AI, only to be overcome by the superior intelligence.

i know its a bit of a pipe-dream, and hey, if the human race has got to go one way or another, robot wars is the coolest way :D:D:D

NO a nuclear exchange is a much better way to go. I will watch them to and post what I think

NO a nuclear exchange is a much better way to go. I will watch them to and post what I think

maybe, but it would all be over once its finished. maybe if you could watch from orbit or something.

either way, its hardly a war with 200 foot high lizard cyborgs with laser death tentacles or something to that nature. ZZaaapp!

and also if you watch those films (i don't think the second works tbh) its actually wrong when saying that robots arent fussed about nukes. sure to the heat and radiation, but they also give off a fair amount of EMP. theres some film where people are driving away from a nuke going off in a mine, and it fries the circuitry of the car even though theres no proper blast. and i didnt just learn that from a film.

interesting though, eh?

Well, computers already run faster than the human brain when compared speed wise. People get the wrong idea about how the brain works. It is not fast, as in straight speed, it completely trumps the PC in terms of parallel computing and storage. I remember a site out there that went into this, was very interesting read if I can find it ill post it. It also showed a lot of information about biocomputer technology and the advances they have made. Amazing stuff.

if i was in charge, i would create a huge EMP grid in major parts of the world where robots were likely to be, so if there was a revolt, we could just wipe them all out.

wellll if ai was as smart as if no smarter than humans dont u think they woulda kinda figured out these failsafe swithches/emp blasts? and disabled them themselves if no turned them against us

wellll if ai was as smart as if no smarter than humans dont u think they woulda kinda figured out these failsafe swithches/emp blasts? and disabled them themselves if no turned them against us

well, as long as they werent operated by robots, and only humans had access to the controls i.e. retinal scan or some really high security measures meaning only humans would know about them or be able to access and use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom