Ad-aware SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasha

Baseband Member
Hmm, I havne't given it a shot as of yet. Can you tell me what's new in it? And do I have to uninstall my current Ad-Aware to install the "SE" version? Thanks...

Yeah id say it is it seems to scan more and looks a bit better as well as having way more options

it seems to be picking up a lot more than it usually does, i give it thumbs up. Looks a little cleaner too.

when you install SE It will uninstall the old Adaware for you. I like it, it seems to do a more thorough job. but the best fix is the buttons along the top, they finally stand out.

I never even noticed that those were buttons before I got Ad-Aware SE, haha...

But I do like the new look and better scanning. I have to run mine at least every other day and usually find at least 15 things to remove. Mostly tracking cookies but sometimes I get bad stuff like browser hijackers and such.

Got no errors when installing it. Must have been some random problem that occured when you installed it MB.

Putting any new features and interface improvements aside, it just detects things the old one AND Spybot didn't, making it an essential download. Anything that reduces the need to suffer with HijackThis and manual registry editing is worthwhile. :cool:

Ehh...better than 6 but its nothing outstandingly amazing...but it'd probably pick up more crap off your computer indeed. I've always hated it how when I set my browsers homepage to about:blank ad-aware picks it up as a 'possible browser hijack' :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom