abit closes down entirely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid E-Machines...

As a "mom and pop" shop, we did try ecs/pc chips a couple times with disasterous results. So we reserved them for crap customers that wanted a computer so cheap it made our noses bleed.

I refuse to buy them same as Asrock, I have had there local vendors wanting to dump a load of them on me for supper cheep prices but I still turn them down.

ASRock is loads better than ECS/PC Chips...they aren't the best, but they are still made by ASUS. That's the board we used to use in budget machines for people who weren't jerks. :p

There is millions of miles difference in quality from Asrock and ASUS I have seen more people with dead Asrock mobos than Asus.

My main problem with PCchips is the sheer lack of any quality checks, when I have come across systems built with there components I have seen capacitors only soldered on one side loose processor sockets and a network card with no network jack.

Oh trust me, I know ASRock is nowhere near ASUS quality, I'm just saying the same company makes them. ECS is already worse than ASRock, and PC Chips is their "cheap" line. Worst boards I've ever seen in my life.

Well when I was working on a computer I came across a older AMD s939 system where not only was the processor integrated onto the mobo (as was the cooler) but so was the wopping 256mb of ram and they didn't even include more memory slots for expansion later, the ram crapped out an the guy had to buy the best part of a new system for a fix that should have only cost him £15 at most.

I know I tried to help him atleast once with a RMA an I was not impressed.

Well when I was working on a computer I came across a older AMD s939 system where not only was the processor integrated onto the mobo (as was the cooler) but so was the wopping 256mb of ram and they didn't even include more memory slots for expansion later, the ram crapped out an the guy had to buy the best part of a new system for a fix that should have only cost him £15 at most.

Never seen something like that...that's just weird.

This was cheepest of the cheep, think it was honestly the worst motherboard I have ever dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom