9800gtx+

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the gtx+ will be a good fight for the 4850. and even if it isn't i'm still going to buy it over the 4850 no matter what, because out of the ATI i've had...they have all been nothing but trouble...I find nVidia cards to be more stable :|

none of the recent cards...i still don't want to try it lol
From my experience with my crossfired 3870's, they've been really great in terms of reliability. Even in XP x64 (now that ATI is part of AMD, XP x64 drivers are regularly updated along with XP 32, Vista, and Linux - Linux drivers are massively better now....)

And if you want to talk about high end setups then the upcoming 4870x2 pretty much slaughters two GTX 280s in SLI..

that is a very bold statement to say slaughter.. i wouldnt use a word as slaughter when comparing the two.. it is not that far ahead

i've seen a few reviews showing they are neck and neck.. and some other reviews showing the 4870x2 blowing the gtx280 out of the water... i won't believe any numbers until we have first person action of real people.. and not some of the biased review sites... that use comparison of the cards with old graphs and charts

if GTX 280 > 4870 i doubt 4870x2 > GTX280 SLI..........and even if it does i doubt you could consider it being "slaughtered"

but for GTX280 SLI you could probably tri-fire the 4870 maybe..which would/might be better

The gtx+ will be a good fight for the 4850. Maybe the 4850 beats it at a few games, but I'm sure the gtx+ wins when it comes to other things like heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom