9600gt+? NO! Just a 9600gt die shrink...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
Nvidia is starting to **** me off. And this time they aren't just renaming an old product. Or doing a die shrink. They are doing this...

Right after 9800GTX+, NVIDIA begin shrinking 9600GT to 55nm. But this time is a bit different, there will not be another plus mark after 9600GT's name because NVIDIA want more stealth.

The only change of 55nm version is the mark on die. The mark on a 65nm die is G94-300-A1 and 55nm die is G94-300-B1. The clock keeps 650MHz/1625MHz/900MHz (core/shader/mem) so more overclocking headroom can be leave to customers and vendor partners.
NV shrinks 9600GT to 55nm without changing the name - Expreview.com

So basically. They are creating a situation like the whole b3 q6600's and G0 q6600's. If you get a 9600gt with 55nm... GREAT! If you don't? Tough luck...
They are just trying to get rid of the 65nm's pretty much from what I can see.
And, I think it is ironic that they rename the 8800gs which had zero modifications, but they DON'T rename the 9600gt+ (I'm calling it that...idc)

Thats just cold... I think I will buy from ATI instead.

that's kinda bs ...but won't a die shrink mean lower prices? hopefully all the die shrinking means nvidia are getting closer to the die shrink of gtx 260/280

Lower prices on one card? And then your not guaranteed a better card cause you could get the 65nm 9600gt.

Yes, they are working on the gtx 260/280's right now, no doubt. I'll probably still go for the 4870 over nvidia now. I'll just wait until prices are more to my liking.

Well at least the 9600gt isn't as popular as the q6600. So their shouldn't be as much of a problem, but still super lame marketing.

I hope you realize that the 9800gtx+ is not always a die shrunk part. Why are you griping about this anyway. 99% of the people who buy this card dont care whats in it. Nvidia is increasing their profit margins by shrinking the die.

It's stupid... They make this 9600gt 55nm, but they don't tell you on the card. Its a guess and choose game and if you win, you get an awesome cheap card, and if you lose you get something worse then what you could of bought for the same amount of money.

Gay tactics.

Thats cheap, its a guessing game all over again...

Not that it really matters to me... Only nVidia card I may consider in the future is the 8800gs, that or the HD 3870 because it'll be around the same price anyways

Thats cheap, its a guessing game all over again...

Not that it really matters to me... Only nVidia card I may consider in the future is the 8800gs, that or the HD 3870 because it'll be around the same price anyways
With 4850 prices so low?!?! $140 for the card now after all the dealings are done! Free shipping! :/ Stop cheaping out and don't you DARE use bottlenecking as an excuse!!

ughh, screw nvidea, im going ati for my next upgrade.
My thoughts...exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom