64-bit P4

Status
Not open for further replies.
_SiLv3R_ said:
right now amd 64 bit series are the only TRUE 64-but processors out their that support windows.. that intel chip isnt based on a true 64 bit architecture like i said

Intel® Extended Memory 64 Technology is one of a number of innovations being added to Intel's IA-32 Server/Workstation platforms in 2004. It represents a natural addition to Intel's IA-32 architecture, allowing platforms to access larger amounts of memory. Processors with Intel® EM64T will support 64-bit extended operating systems from Microsoft, Red Hat and SuSE. Processors running in legacy* mode remain fully compatible with today's existing 32-bit applications and operating systems

so that means Intel EM64 is not using the real 64-bit technology right?
what is the main diffrent between both of this???

but then this Intel EM64 seems just designed for Server/Workstation only right??? :angry:

Well, the intels version of the 64bit is not true. it is still only running at the 800mHz FSB. That is horrible for the 64bit. AMD blows that away especially with the FX53 series. The Intel EM64 will not even run at that fsb. Remember, the hyperthreading only works to a point. The processor doesn't have the capability to run at a dual pipeline like they are talking about. Intel liew about a lot of stuff. They make it seem like they are so good with their numbers yet they aren't. Another good example would be the fact that AMD posts their speeds as a 2200+ or a 3200+ or something of that nature, when they are actually only running at about 1.8 and 2.4 gb/s. That just shows you that intel lies about it's numbers. The core technology behind Intel is not as strong as AMD. People say that AMD has too many issues yet when I have ever had an Inter it has ALWAYS given me problems. I think that Intel is blowing smoke basically. They are just whinning that they don't have the developing power that the AMD's have.

Right now nothing is capable of using the 64 bit pipe, right now what kills P4 is the AMD64's onboard memory controller:confused:

Intel's new 64bit CPU basicly just copies AMD's instructions:rolleyes:

The new war though is on who can get out the first and perfect the dual core mid 2005:)

Well, as I just found out a little while ago. Intel's base in Japan got raided and they were found to have stole and just back-engineered AMD's design. So as of now, Intel is in a huge amount of crap right now. I think that they are going to be in that for sometime.

malhovic! hallo. this is off topic and im new to this forum but are you scores at the bottom there not a bit low. there is a guy who gets about 5500 on his 6800 GT at the other forum im at!

AMD lovers have a pow-wow ... as they curse thier ancient enemy, Intel (the devil) for trying to compete. Thier only hope is that Intel realizes the futility of its actions, and merges with AMD or dies...so AMDs prices can skyrocket and its quality can plumet.

i.e. MICROSOFT

hahahahahahahahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............

porsch 1909, my scorse are good for a XP3200+. My friend has a 64bit Athlon and that is what he gets (5500) with the 6800GT. I am getting High-Scores for the system that I got. Remember 32bit is a lot different than the 64bit. But I do see where you are coming from.

Havoc,

I really don't think that is going to happen since AMD has brought out the better technology faster than intel. Remember who started first, Intel and now they are behind. Intel was a great processor, and then 64-bit came out. That is all that I have to say. i still think that Intel has it's outcomes over AMD. I just think that as an Over-All, AMD is the better choice that is all.

Malhovic said:
porsch 1909, my scorse are good for a XP3200+. My friend has a 64bit Athlon and that is what he gets (5500) with the 6800GT. I am getting High-Scores for the system that I got. Remember 32bit is a lot different than the 64bit. But I do see where you are coming from.

i was just thinking cause me with my X800 pro un overclocked get about 4000 out of it. and i have a 2.8 Ghz C. its probably a better CPU than ures but not by much to be honest. what 3dmark 03 scores do u get.

there is a guy at the other forum im at that has a score of i think 5800!! which is amazing.

Malhovic said:
Havoc,

I really don't think that is going to happen since AMD has brought out the better technology faster than intel. Remember who started first, Intel and now they are behind. Intel was a great processor, and then 64-bit came out. That is all that I have to say. i still think that Intel has it's outcomes over AMD. I just think that as an Over-All, AMD is the better choice that is all.

Im not saying it isn't

but arent you a little cynical when you say that Intel has copied AMD by releasing 64 bit technology? After all AMD had to copy Intel somewhere down the line to get where they are now.

Speaking of which what is this new "Hyper Transport" thing AMD just released? Sounds suspiciously like "Hyper threading".

Worship AMD all you want it doesnt matter. Both companies are willing to steal each others ideas to get your money. Anything to make thier products seem better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom