64-bit P4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh your linky doesn't seem to be working right.

But I am sure Intel is just upset that AMD beat them to the 64 bit era and now are trying to play ketchup.

Brisky said:
Uh your linky doesn't seem to be working right.

But I am sure Intel is just upset that AMD beat them to the 64 bit era and now are trying to play ketchup.

Hmmm. It worked fine just now.

thats intel's pathetic excuse for a processor with a 64-but architecture.. it doesnt have a TRUE 64 bit archetecture.. it just tricks itself and every other piece of ur hardware into thinking that it can perform at the 64-but levell.. which it can do.. but its nowhere NEAR the 64 or 64-FX seriies.. ive been hearing talks of a 4ghz p4 with true 64-but architecture coming out but im not when it will actually come out

But I thought that the AMD Athlon 64 Bit was the only Windows-compatible CPU. Under the requirements for this P$ 64 bit, it says it just requires an OS.

Am I wrong?

-Dan The Man

right now amd 64 bit series are the only TRUE 64-but processors out their that support windows.. that intel chip isnt based on a true 64 bit architecture like i said

um......its still a 64-bit proc. AMD might have beat intel but intel isn't that far behind.

Didn't Microsoft say that they wouldn't allow any other 64bit CPU on windows but AMD's architecture?

Oh and the link is working for me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom