4XXX launch details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
Source

Anyone else siked? I'm waiting to see the comparison between these cards and the new GT200's from nvidia.

In terms of performance, we heard some interesting claims. A 4870 should perform on par with or better than a dual-chip 3870 X2. Our sources explained to us that using a PCIe Gen1 controller 3870 X2 was a mistake, since the board was hungry for data and didn't sync well with this interface. Don't expect the ATI team to repeat that mistake with the 4870 X2. However, we admit that we have no idea what kind of connection two RV770 GPUs will have.

NICE! 2 4870's in crossfire for me = better then 2 3870 x2's? That sounds amazing!

Let's talk about pricing. AMD decided to remain aggressive in an effort to win back market share. Pricing is actually set to a point where Nvidia is unlikely to be able to compete (that is at least what somebody is hoping for). Pricing guidelines are not finalized at this time, but according to several sources, the Radeon 4850 will succeed the 3850 512MB and should cost about $189-$219 at launch. Our sources indicated that 4870 GDDR5 cards will cost between $249 and $279, but somehow we feel that AMD might aim go for $199 and $249 at launch.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!? A card = or greater to a 3870 x2 for less then $300? Possibly Less then $200?? ON LAUNCH?!?

Gotta see these GT200's before i go spend my monies!

wow that is some great prices... i can't wait to see what these things can do.

ati is going to gddr5...while nvidea is still back at gddr3...nvidea needs to kick there feet or the tide might turn in ati's favor (especially after seeing what the prices might be)

Be happy for ATi D:

They should win for a little while, it keeps things more fun

^^ i have used and liked nvidea for a while but would really like ati to take the turn ahead nvidea just for something different...

Nvidia doesn't go past ddr3 at this point because they are trying to keep the price of there cards down. If they went to ddr5 like ati then there cards would be way more expensive.

I was thinking last night... Why would i crossfire? lol :p

I'll wait and see the 2 new generation cards and then decide which ones i wanna W/C... I can always crossfire later if i want to.

Actually DDR5 is less expensive I think as the yields are higher.

anyway yeah looks like in terms of price/performance ATI may take the cake on this one....gotta see how GT200 performs though too. The first proper dual core GPU sounds very tasty

Nvidia doesn't go past ddr3 at this point because they are trying to keep the price of there cards down. If they went to ddr5 like ati then there cards would be way more expensive.

I was thinking last night... Why would i crossfire? lol :p

I'll wait and see the 2 new generation cards and then decide which ones i wanna W/C... I can always crossfire later if i want to.

Did youflash to x48 Rampage yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom