3.0 vs. 3.1 type 1 confusion

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
i know some of the usb 3.0 vs.3.1 issues. mostly what i know about is the standard usb 3.0 vs. 3.1 type c. on my new build, i am purchasing a motherboard that has usb 2.0 AND 3.1 gen.1 ports on it (and zero usb 3.0). which in itself is fine. but i would also like to add a 3.5" front bay adapter so i can get usb ports in the front of the case. there are lots of these in 3.0 spec. but i have not found one in 3.1 gen.1 spec. yet. what i would really like to know is if a 3.0 add on will plug into the 3.1 gen.1 connector on the motherboard. i have looked online for something that would show a photo comparing the two, but i can not find one, or any written specs on the difference. i am not sure if there is any speed difference between the 3.0 and 3.1 generation 1 or not. since i have also read that 3.1 gen 1 is just the 3.0 renamed. i an not terribly concerned about that. if i got standard 3.0 speeds, that would be fine. this is the front bay card or adapter that i would like to use [ PC Front panel case 3.5 inch Floppy disk drive 4 port usb hub,20pin Cable internal usb3.0X2,USB2.0X2 front panel hub,Super Speed 3.5 Inch Floppy Disk Bay Front Panel with 2 USB 3.0 Port and 2 USB 2.0 - Newegg.com ]. any idea if it will work?

Back
Top Bottom