2TB SSD for only $6000

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
"You want fast? We got fast. In fact, we can do better than that. We got faster. Super Talent, makers of SSD drivers and other delectable storage items, has shown off a 2TB SSD drive at Computex in Taipei. That's a pretty big (and expensive) solid state drive right there, but there's an extra surprise inside. The drive is a RAID, meaning that it can transfer data at a desk-burning 1.5 GB per second. You could copy two ripped movies from one drive to another in the blink of an eye."

2TB SSD Runs Crazy Fast, Burns Desks | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Side cynical note: This is why I'm not too down with Wired. "SSD drivers" and "The drive is RAID...". Errrrrrrrrr.

Side cynical note: This is why I'm not too down with Wired. "SSD drivers" and "The drive is RAID...". Errrrrrrrrr.

All they said was
"Super Talent, makers of SSD drivers and other delectable storage items..."

in other words, describing the company a bit more. They didn't mix the terms like you suggested. but nehuz, just nit-picking.

Didn't OCZ or some other company do something VERY similar using the PCIe x4/x8 slots? All it is, is a few high capacity drives, thrown onto the SATA controller that plugs into the PCIe slot.

That's beautiful, too bad I could buy a car with that same amount of money... If only the prices would go down a smidge, or a several thousand smidges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom