24 SSD - Nice speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because if I remember right unless they changed how it all works, one part goes bad it all goes bad, unless it can make a map similar to a hard drive and mark what parts are actualy bad in it to keep from using those addresses...

^parts rarely ever go bad in ssd's as far as i have heard, they are incredibly efficient with no moving parts. The only really thing that i know of that are bad with ssd's are power fluctuations, and blackouts. That can ruin the data on them, that's why it is ideal to have a backup ups for it to shut down. Other then that i don't know of any weaknesses, other then space and cost.

I have seen some strange through puts on them in some systems... Hmm... I think I will just let the technology mature a bit... And become a bit more adopted...

If I do get one anytime soon, which is doubtful, it would just be for me to use as storage for games or movies... I wonder how hard it would to be to set RAID5 up on one of them suckers... Only way way I would use them for an OS if it's raid 1, or raid5....

Sad thing is, there are still a lot of chipsets that can't actualy let you install them. I know mine, because a friend has tried to use a SSD with the same model motherboard, won't work well with a SSD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom