2.66GHz desktop Nehalem benchmarked early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya in games a lot of people say that AMD Processors may have the lower frame rate but the HyperTransport helps it be smoother for some reason (ask Nosboost, he said he's noticed it before)

That makes no sense. A higher framerate would make a game smoother. C2D not only has higher average framerates but higher minimum and maximums.

That makes no sense. A higher framerate would make a game smoother. C2D not only has higher average framerates but higher minimum and maximums.

I don't think it makes sense either, but ask somebody who has experience with the latest stuff from both AMD and Intel (like Nosboost, or ask Apokalipse, he'll show a couple of links)

I think it would be difficult to measure smoothness. but I have two Athlon x2 systems setting within 10ft of me so I may have to test it. The only problem is my brothers system(5200+x2) has a HD2600xt and the family pc I just finished building(4600+x2) has a 780g mobo with integrated HD3200. This would make a comparison pretty biased since neither of them have as good of a graphics card as my system.

i think the 'smoother' feel comes from an average frame rate that is extremely close. as in no huge frame dips.

I think the 'smoother' feel comes from some crap someone made up on a forum somewhere and is complete BS.

...except for the fact that intel chips produce higher minimums and maximums.

If you are getting a variation between 60 and 110 and it's bugging you then just put a 75fps cap or something....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom