2.66GHz desktop Nehalem benchmarked early

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
bloomfieldx58.jpg

We've seen Nehalem processors and motherboards this week, and what better way to complement them than with benchmark data? That's what VR-Zone claims to have done at Computex: the site has posted a screenshot of a CPU-Z window and a 3DMark Vantage score allegedly taken from a "Bloomfield" desktop machine with an X58 chipset.

The CPU-Z shot reveals a clock speed of 2.64GHz, a bus speed of 133MHz, and a core voltage of just 0.856V. The cache readings look a little wonky, since they report 32KB of L2 cache per core, whereas Intel has clearly stated that Nehalem packs 256KB L2 of cache per core.

Nevertheless, the machine apparently managed to hit a CPU score of 16,334 in 3DMark Vantage. VR-Zone comments that the score is "about 45% faster than a similarly clocked [45nm Core 2 Quad]." 3DMark Vantage's CPU tests cover physics and artificial intelligence simulations, and a look at Futuremark's results database indeed suggests 2.66GHz Core 2 Quad Q9450 CPUs typically score around 11,000 points in the Vantage CPU test.

Source

45% faster than similar clocked Yourkfield in 3DMark Vantage CPU score !!!

Apparently it has a 20x multiplier. So with that high of a multiplier and if it is adjustable, this thing should overclock like none other!

FSB 133MHz x 20 = 2.66GHz

It must not be a big factor in the new CPU design since it is still 45% faster than other CPU's with higher FSB's.

wow. if thats true then its impressive. and no doubt an OC'er's dream.. jesus... 20x multi thats ridiculous.. lets just hope they don't lock them, thats a real cpu-z screen, and they don't cost a shiz load of money.

As long as the rumors of the chip being locked aren't true. Would be a shame if it wasnt overclockable.

that's pretty darn awesome... Its it awesome enough for me to put off my new build though? that's the question.

I'll be honest, I want them to lock these chips up, therefor AMD will take over once again.

Muhahaha... just kidding... sorta. :D

I wouldn't kid. AMD's dead if they don't lock these chips up, 45nm phenoms can't compete with this. That chip looks amazing.

Well pressure like this forces a company like AMD to get back into gear.

I'm pretty sure they aren't 'bout to give up without a fight. Sooner or later they are going to release another athlon-like processor and take over the market again.. or lets hope so. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom