1TB SSD That Fits on a Postage Stamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Press_Corpse

In Runtime
Toshiba Develops 1TB SSD That Fits On A Postage Stamp - HotHardware

The company expects to be able to produce a proof of concept application-ready version sometime in 2012. The main issue right now is that there's no industry standard in place for this type of technology, so it could be difficult to gain acceptance from PC makers and the like.

Unfortunately, there's no mention of a consumer product release date just yet, but we're guessing it'll be a few years still.

^^ Of course...

"Technology will improve as time goes on!"

Same prediction. I'm a market analyst now! Or w/e.

Still, will be cool though. I'm just wondering where HDDs will be at that point? 2TB per platter?

Toshiba Develops 1TB SSD That Fits On A Postage Stamp, but cant bring us an awesomely priced ($50) 64GB SDD which would be 10 times bigger and smaller in capacity.

Toshiba Develops 1TB SSD That Fits On A Postage Stamp, but cant bring us an awesomely priced ($50) 64GB SDD which would be 10 times bigger and smaller in capacity.
Exactly what i was thinking. Maybe they need to manage their marketing research better.

When they actually start selling the 1TB SSD's the 64GB SSD's will probably only be around $50 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom