120Hz LCD Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pdawg

In Runtime
Has anyone else had a chance to look at these new TV's. There's a couple out with Sony, the 46XKBR4 and a 52" model. There's also a Samsung model as well I think.

It's like watching an entirely different format and it's definately something different. I went to BestBuy and was astounded at the difference. I will say it has some kinks, In some scenes it almost looks like there's a framerate drop. I watched Transformers on it and was amazed. I just wish I could see what games would look like with that enabled. I'm considering getting the SONY 46" model in a couple months. What do yall think?

I've seen a 120Hz HDTV at a Sony store.. I was incredibly impressed with the fluidity of the motion, although it made some of the special effects look really fake (I was watching Spider Man 3)

those TV' were released months ago, but if you just barely saw them the yare NEW to you. anyways i agree the picture seems to move at 1.5x speed, and the sm3 chase scene with harry and peter looks really fake, well the backdrops, the actors on the other hand look superb.

On the framedrop issue, you have to acknowledge that for proper 120Hz viewing the tv has to do a 5:5 pulldown from a 24hz source, otherwise jitterness appears

Right, Everything non CGI looked amazing. This was also my experience with it.

I don't know much about LCD's and formats but do Blu Rays, HDDvd's, DVD's all use 24Hz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom