10Gb wifi, aw yiss

Unfortunately, WPA2 is just as insecure if WPS is running.
That's not really the case anymore. All new ISP modems and pretty much all routers from 2012 up have *insert name here* protection. It literally will block out connections by saying "AP is refusing further connection" or "brute force detection, 60 second AP time out".

That's not really the case anymore. All new ISP modems and pretty much all routers from 2012 up have *insert name here* protection. It literally will block out connections by saying "AP is refusing further connection" or "brute force detection, 60 second AP time out".

It's still insecure - it just takes longer to actually break because of the timeouts. Point is, a hard-coded 8-digit PIN is a bad idea for security, because once that pin is discovered, it can be used over and over to authenticate to that system, even if the password is changed, unless WPS is totally disabled.

The way they are makes it practically impossible. I left mine running 2 days on a newer ATT AP and it had only tried 5 keys. Unless you have weeks to let a spare machine running it's rather pointless.

I'm not denying it's insecure, just saying not many will have that kind of patience.

The way they are makes it practically impossible. I left mine running 2 days on a newer ATT AP and it had only tried 5 keys. Unless you have weeks to let a spare machine running it's rather pointless.

I'm not denying it's insecure, just saying not many will have that kind of patience.

That's when you find an alternative way to break in.

The only other way is pure brute force. Take a crack at finding the key. Luckily, ATT is easy :cool:
I suppose let's stray away from the wifi-cracking discussion now before something that shouldn't get mentioned, gets mentioned :p.

In what country?

SORRY. BUT. THIS. IS. JUST. NOT. POSSIBLE. xD

Erm, why is this not possible? Technology advances on... just a matter of time before wifi got a boost in possible bandwidth by using different technologies/methods.

In what country?

SORRY. BUT. THIS. IS. JUST. NOT. POSSIBLE. xD
10Gb = allotted bandwidth available to all wireless devices connecting. Like how your gigabit ethernet has 1Gb total bandwidth for both down and upstream. Not 10GHz frequency which here in the states is military, in case that's what you were thinking.

Back
Top Bottom