10Gb wifi, aw yiss

I don't think Wi-Fi will ever be as stable as a hard line. IDK though. This is pretty legit though.

I don't think Wi-Fi will ever be as stable as a hard line. IDK though. This is pretty legit though.

OK I can see that statement holding up in places lice cubical offices or data centers, I don't see it holding back smaller operations or smaller teams in bigger companies.

Infact if we go for a wireless only network in bigger citys, the big players will be people who previously had to work in a office, telle presence will skyrocketand then just after that there will be a .com era stock boom in companies using AI.

Hell there are people entering the workforce today who have no clue about things like Dialup, beany babies or dicotyledonous but they are all approaching a day a single day where who an what you are is no longer important, and what your sprite can look like and how well rendered effects how well you earn, in any field.

With increase Wi-fi usage comes increase security risk. You think data is secure? Just take a look what happened with OpenSSL and the heartbleed bug. I know that has nothing to do with wi-fi. I'm just saying someone somewhere will find a way to access encrypted data.

My only issue with wireless currently is severe drops in speed due to congested air. If I'm running say 5Gb (2.5 back and forth) and I drop to 1Gb then I'm still doing good. Currently wireless solutions are just to slow for me to look at wireless as a wire replacement.

With increase Wi-fi usage comes increase security risk. You think data is secure? Just take a look what happened with OpenSSL and the heartbleed bug. I know that has nothing to do with wi-fi. I'm just saying someone somewhere will find a way to access encrypted data.
Thinking hard wire is more secure is kind of naive considering any cable connected to the internet is prone to attack. Encryption and security of any sort is liable to be hacked.

My only issue with wireless currently is severe drops in speed due to congested air. If I'm running say 5Gb (2.5 back and forth) and I drop to 1Gb then I'm still doing good. Currently wireless solutions are just to slow for me to look at wireless as a wire replacement.

Thinking hard wire is more secure is kind of naive considering any cable connected to the internet is prone to attack. Encryption and security of any sort is liable to be hacked.

I agree, but being on the same network makes malicious activity much more easier. How do I get on your network? Well thanks to that wifi signal you know use it makes my life easier. Trying to accomplish the same tasks while not on your network however possible are much harder to do. If you go stricly wifi connection(not including a house router for your home network) Think of all the traffic i could sniff and steal from that signal?

Considering the fact that I'm not on my own signal right now, I can frankly say I know what you're saying ;)

BUT 99% of computer users out there don't know how to crack, let alone bypass WPA.

The only secure network, is no network at all.

Really wish they would start working on 10Gbps NIC for consumers... Gigabit is getting a bit ehh when it comes to backing up an SSD or transferring hundreds of gigs over the LAN...

Considering the fact that I'm not on my own signal right now, I can frankly say I know what you're saying ;)

BUT 99% of computer users out there don't know how to crack, let alone bypass WPA.

Lol. it's so simple with tools which I won't list here. Well bypassing WEP is. Atleast most people are smart enough to use WPA.

Actually if it wasn't for ISP warnings most people would still be using WEP. It was only when ISPs started offering wireless solutions in their modems using WPA that started a swap trend. Sadly this wasn't too long ago.

Back
Top Bottom