YouTube Getting Sued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not even about copyrighted clips, movies, images, music, etc....

IT'S ALL ABOUT ADVERTISING DOLLARS.

Viacom knows that since their copyrighted material is available on YOUTUBE, where YOUTUBE / GOOGLE benefits from advertising / marketing dollars, it's money lost out of Viacom's pockets.

Perhaps Viacom should follow in the steps of Hulu, "NBC Universal, News Corp. and Providence Equity Partners" and provide internet users a place to view all of their copyrighted media in much higher definition so we wouldn't have to watch crappy quality youtube videos.

Just a thought.

It's not even about copyrighted clips, movies, images, music, etc....

IT'S ALL ABOUT ADVERTISING DOLLARS.

Viacom knows that since their copyrighted material is available on YOUTUBE, where YOUTUBE / GOOGLE benefits from advertising / marketing dollars, it's money lost out of Viacom's pockets.

Perhaps Viacom should follow in the steps of Hulu, "NBC Universal, News Corp. and Providence Equity Partners" and provide internet users a place to view all of their copyrighted media in much higher definition so we wouldn't have to watch crappy quality youtube videos.

Just a thought.
+1 to that. It's all about empie building and Viacom totally feels threatened. They're just trying to waste money to prove a point...just like the RIAA going after single moms.

Youtube is supposedly losing Google quite a bit of money even with all the extra adverts they have on the site now. But it brings them a lot of customers for their other services and builds their brands up positively so I think it must be worth it.

Youtube is supposedly losing Google quite a bit of money even with all the extra adverts they have on the site now. But it brings them a lot of customers for their other services and builds their brands up positively so I think it must be worth it.

It's worth it solely for this reason alone. (SO NO ONE ELSE CAN HAVE IT!)

The thing that i find stupid is when youtube is getting sued because some one has uploaded a movie trailer or a music video clip to thier website.

Does any of these companies understand the words "FREE ADVERTISING"

I have lost count the number of bands or movies that i have purchased tickets/dvds/mp3s just because I saw the preview on youtube and I liked what I saw.

I can understand it if some one has uploaded a full movie or a section of a movie that has not been intended for distribution. However i do feel that every thing else should be perfectly reasonable to upload.

If viacom, sony and a few other people want to stick there wang in a car door and slam it, let them.

^ I'll second that. I've bought quite a few CDs, movies, and even TV seasons that I never would have gotten otherwise. It's definitely free advertising for them. I can understand that they wouldn't want their full length movies posted, obviously, but these companies go too far sometimes.

here's the thing, music, movies, and shows are being uploaded on youtube without permission. There are software that can record it easily. Realplayer has a downloader to download any video shown. See where im getting here?

Makes me angry. They're moaning asif all these music people are poor because of a loss of sales because people get it off YouTube. That's just BS. They're all stinking rich and are greedy to complain.

If i was a top musician worth like $10million and all my music video's were up on youtube i wouldn't give a crap. It's not like if all the video's were removed people would go out and buy the music instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom