Your utilitys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General - format.com, fdisk.exe, ultimate bootable cd v3.0, partition magic
Virus - pccillen, norton
Spyware - Adaware, spybot

needle nose pliers do a great job of hdd or cdrom jumpers that just dont want to budge, also useful for case screws that has fallen into a hard to reach place.

hammer, pliars, welding torch, flux, soldering iron, pocket knife, and about 4 DVD's worth of stuff.

oh, but now i support Dell PC's so all i need is Ghost, knife, and hammer.

LOL. Maybe both?

I make sure that i have a spare 350 Watt PSU kicking around the house. They are the most volitile PC componant.
Yeah, I nave a book on how to build good gaming comps and it said that the PSU is the "Beating Heart that keeps your computer alive".

What software utilities do I use? Hmmmm...I use Adobe Photoshop 7, Fraps, Ad-Aware Personal SE, Spybot - Search and Destory, PCcillan 2002, and some other junk that I can't think of (I'm at school when replying).

Yeah you need a good solid PSU, otherwise you just keep getting cold reboots. Which is really annoying.

One thing that I forgot to mension in my earlier posts was :-
FA120.jpg

NetGear FA120 USB2.0 to 10/100 Eithernet Adaptor
Key Benefits
USB 2.0 offers 480 Mbps connectivity
10x faster than USB 1.1 Fast Ethernet Adapters
Simple to install and use
Compact, portable size
Works with USB 1.1

It just amazes me that I till get post year 2000 computers (and NAME BRANDS TOO) and laptops with out network connectivity. :eek:

Some times I need to get a network happening on a computer with a customer (normally home user) that does not need a network card. Sure, this thing cost about 5x more that a PCI NIC, but insure beats the 15 minute involved in :-
1. Releasing that you have no eithernet adaptor
2. Turning Computer off
3. Open Case
4. Install Nic
5. Turn on computer
6. Install Drivers.
7. Restart Computer again (Win 9x)
8. Connect to network to do stuff.
9. Shut down computer
10. Open Case
11. Remove Nic
5. Turn on computer to make sure she is running.

NetGear FA120 is just simple plug and play. WIth maybe 1 reboot.

I am currently working on a IBM Ativa with no nic.

I still bring aroun a spare PCI nic

Ages ago, when i had a K6-2 550 win98, the Telstra guy who was installing broadband onto my computer couldnt get it working via USB, so he installed a 100mbit pci card and tried that, he still couldnt get it working. He never ended up getting the modem ticking with my compaq k6-2, and when he left he fogot to take out the network card so i got a free one!.

waynejkruse10 said:
Ages ago, when i had a K6-2 550 win98, the Telstra guy who was installing broadband onto my computer couldnt get it working via USB, so he installed a 100mbit pci card and tried that, he still couldnt get it working. He never ended up getting the modem ticking with my compaq k6-2, and when he left he fogot to take out the network card so i got a free one!.

And back then, 10/100 NIC were worth some thing. They're about $15 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom