Your Tech Forums experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just like belonging to a valuable community. it gives me great satisfaction to be a recognizeable part of the forum. i have never been a part of any sort of forum before this, and i couldnt think of any i would rather be a member of. i have visited many since coming here and have found none that seem to share our wit or humour and good-friend feeling.
what i like is that we all have our thoughts and viewpoints, and we all are free to share them. i also enjoy the joking and camaraderie that we always seem to have around here. this is the one and only website that i visit every day, without fail (unless i am off in the mountains somewhere with no internet lol...and then i jones...). i dont even check my email every day.
as far as why i first came here, i think it was asking opinions on a dell i was going to buy...as you can see, i didnt buy it. i built my first one, and hung around. lol i remember ste telling me to stop being such an a-hole after like my 4th post.
so, T.F. is a pretty important part of my life. its like a big international club, and you guys are all great. dont cry *sniff*

My first question a little over 3 years ago now was whether or not I should upgrade my GeForce FX5200 to a Radeon 9250. A helpful member (if I'm not mistaken it was Trotter!) told me that it would improve my experience so out I went to buy one. Of course, he was right and my 3DMark 2001 (I know, I know) score went up!

I figured I would attempt to give back to the community here for that help and here I am. My first response to a posted question of whether or not DDR2 RAM would fit in DDR slots was yes hehe. Guess I thought I knew what I was talking about.

Around 2 years ago I didn't come on here for a good while (maybe 6 months) due to heavy college work and a few members I didn't care for (sorry Mak you weren't one of 'em :p).

I decided to return after some maturing and tried getting back into the community. I realized leaving for the latter reason was foolish. The response of course because of the great members was overwhelming and I received many welcomes back. I now make sure all new members that post in the introduction section get the same warm welcome as I did.

I now stay because of the great friendships I have made here. I, and many others I know here, honestly feel like we can talk about anything going on in our lives and get in return well thought out advice. In addition I stay because of the quality of administration here. No mod abuses their power yet keeps everyone well mannered which something I cannot say about any other forum.

Everything about these forums keeps me here and will for a long time to come. Thank you everyone for the help and great times through sadness, anger and laughter!

Back in my teen years I always remembered a saying my small high school of 500 always used that I think suits these forums very well:

"Large enough to serve you, small enough to care for you."

- Chris

looool Poizen.

I joined back in February because I had come across like 600$ and my crappy e-machines wasn't cutting it anymore. I came here to learn how to put together my first pc and what kept me here was the AMD Vs Intel threads..... at first. Going AMD my first build, had made me as though I had wasted my money at first. Seeing how everyone kept looking down on the brand.

Anyways, what kept me here is probably Vernong, Zmatt, Apok, Drizzit, and RicanFlow.

To be perfectly honest I really can't remember , it was back in 06, and i'd been lumbered with the task of creating some quite technical web stuff.
I specifically remember Crazed + the DOS quy (wher'd he go? :) ), Chris wasn't around yet + Norcent pratically did my head in.

We had a poor VB theme going on, but no one cared. Half of the links diddn't work, but no one used them anyway.

and yes... im back.... again :)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

When I joined it was that nasty theam with the google adds every other post, I left for a month but then i came back an boom it was looking like it is today an then it took some time but we have got the place working mostly...

Nice to see you again Tkey you tend to drop in an out alot, nice to see you stoping by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom