In your opinion, who is the best overall cable/internet/phone service provider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
im currently on Charter Communication for cable and internet, AT&T for phone over internet, and Verizon for our cell phones. Back in March 2009, Charter filed Chp 11 bankruptcy. I dont like their service very much because my family has 3 MOXIs (DVR) n they keep overheating up sometimes. We've had 4 or so MOXIs replaced, uhhhh. Internet we pay $59.99 for 5Mbps. If we upgrade to 10Mbps, it's $79.99.

for future reference, i want to know who has the best overall in everything. I want to look into DirectTV, just in case if Charter files instead for Chp 7. Dont ask me why i'm using different service providers, just dont ask. Now, anyone care to share their stories, opinions on their providers that you guys are using?

if something like this shouldnt be discussed, then go ahead and delete this thread. Just thought i could get some info and stories through experiences.

It is hard to discuss because generally people have limited availability to service providers.

I had Charter cable and AT&T DSL and of the two I liked Charter better.
Do not go for direct tv satellite internet unless it is your only option.
I had a friend with it and it sucked.

It is hard to discuss because generally people have limited availability to service providers.

I had Charter cable and AT&T DSL and of the two I liked Charter better.
Do not go for direct tv satellite internet unless it is your only option.
I had a friend with it and it sucked.

my gf's dad uses DirectTV, he says the customer service is awful. Verizon, my family hasnt has any trouble with for our cell phones.

For internet, hands down any FiOS provider (mainly Verizon). After using fiberoptic for a year, even my 12Mbps Comcast cable pales in comparison. For TV, it doesn't really matter, as long as you get your programming for cheap it's all good. Same goes for phone service IMO.

Direct tv is great for tv. We replaced our digital cable with Directv HD few months ago and it's cheaper, has more channels, and has significantly better picture even on the few non HD channels.

don't use cells phones, or tv really (basic 70 channels)..but we use verizon for DSL/land line. It's like $20 for phone and 1.5mb/s download internet. I've never had any issues with them...usually fast for repairs n stuff too.

Uhmm stuff around here like hughs net is bad..but i guess you can say that about any sat internet because it has such a long delay on it :(

When it comes down to cable, it depends on who is avalable in your area and which of them are offering the better plans.

This won't really help you out, but perhaps others in the UK.

I like TalkTalk actually, they're very cheep, Phone+Broadband, no BT Line rental either. Also, because i have had to be referred to technical support more than twice( The REAL engineers) i have my name down on a special list so i speak straight to someone higher up than basic customer support, so my problems get sorted atleast a week quicker now. I have a bad connection, no matter what ISP i'm with - atleast talktalk recognise this, and they're engineers are very helpful and educated and ring me when im available, not any time of the day.

My speeds exceed my theoretical maximum line limit, supposedly the maximum i can achieve is 3.5mb but the router says i'm on 4.3mb and so do TalkTalk, which is odd but good. My speeds stay consistent throughout the day, as does my ping. And they don't moan at me when i triple my monthly download limit, just send me a nice letter saying "It'd be nice if you cut down !".

Also, everytime i screw up my router they send me a new one for free without much of an explanation as to why i want a new one, they're nice expensive D-Link wireless ones too !

But if Virgin Media or BT ever offered to install fiber in my area.. it wouldn't take me a second to switch and signup. No matter what, Speed > Customer services and price.

Direct tv is great for tv. We replaced our digital cable with Directv HD few months ago and it's cheaper, has more channels, and has significantly better picture even on the few non HD channels.

it's cheaper? Cool! I think that i what im aiming for now is perhaps Verizon for internet, just in case Charter goes bye bye. I will look into it when the time is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom