Is your keyboard 130 years old too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, it would be good......
good and terrible :confused: lol
sry, i don't think that i want to re-invent the wheel and learn a new keyboard layboard layout and pay $70 for it in the process?!?
;) i type pretty fast as it is, and the QWERTY isn't going anywhere anytime soon. no reason to switch.
i'll be sure to rush right out the door and get my ALPHA-Keyboard certification when it comes out. ;)

$70 ain't bad for a keyboard. Plus this alpha-keyboard idea isn't new. It's been around for a long time. If you read the article, you'll see that the QWERTY boards were designed to actually slow people down as a fix for hardware problems at the time.

i knew that little factoid before i read the article. i actually read the article twice when you posted the link the first time.....and still think that it's a bad idea. here's a wierd theory.... the article written on that keyboard was written on a QWERTY keyboard most likely right? If the demand was so high, then why didn't the author of the article mis-spell QWERTY and type QUERTY? hehe just a thought......a silly thought, but just something to throw out.
I tired to find other articles on the same ALPHA-keyboard and find little to nothing.....BUT i DID find another 53-key keyboard!!!!

http://amos.shop.com/amos/cc/pcd/10731677/prd/16557307/ccsyn/260

hehehe...and this one is in the QWERTY layout. lol
I wonder if it comes in USB??? ;)

Ever seen a stenographer's typewriter? Looks a lot like that.

This would actually make a really awsome gaming keyboard. If you notice, the arrow keys are in the center, with lots of nicely arranged buttons around them.

People are as fast today (and have been for quite some time) with QWERTY as they where 130 years ago with ALPHA. Older typists in my office have told me that they had to pace themselves or they would jam up the typewriter and this was with newer technology. There is as little point in changing as there is in keeping it the same as most people have adjusted.

But, nowadays, how many people use typewriters compared to keyboards that don't jam......like computers? so, in my opinion, it would be pointless to change. our senses (learning included) work in strange ways. i don't think everyone would have an easy time with an alphabet based keyboard. and, yes.....a wired keyboard (USB or otherwise) for $70 is expensive. the last time i paid for a keyboard, it was wired (USB with a USB->PS/2 converter) with about 20 different hotkeys. It was $15........
This $70 keyboard is smaller....so what are you paying for?

you are paying for this persons invention. he/she knows it was probably a bad idea, so he/she has to sell it for $70 as opposed to $15 in order to pay back the initial non-technical investors that gave him/her millions of dollars to make these nonsense keyboards. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom