Your first computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
spartan1121 said:
Wow, you guys make me feel young. The first computer my family owned was an IBM. I don't know much about it. It ran windows 98 at first, but now it has xp. It still runs decently, i would guess it's about 5 years old. The first computer that i personally owned was a dell, with a pentium 4 2.8ghz, and an fx 5200. Ran pretty well, but i was through with it after about two years, which brought me to the end of last summer. And then i built the rig in my sig(ha rymes). My old dell it actually just sitting in a corner right now, not getting any use.

Probably because you are young. :p

Other then the Commodore 64.....I still have my first "computer". It's sitting in it's carrying bag right next to my desk...right now it's serving as an end table to hold my alarm clock. It still works perfectly good....has quite a few entertaining things on it.

wcapmas2.jpg

That's what she looks like...a lot of people take them and turn them into fish tanks. :D

talldude123 said:
I think we already have a thread about this, but whatever, nice to make a new one :p

My first one:

Intel 33Mhz (if put in turbo mode), 16Mhz normal.
4MB RAM
250MB HD
Windows 3.1
CD-ROM, 5" floppy, 3" floppy.
AAMMAAZZIINNGG 13" Monitor (that's the brand name, BTW)

exactly what i had, except it was a different brand monitor, same size though. the computer wasn't a packard bell by any chance, was it?

The first computer that was actually mine was an IBM PS/2
8086 proc (8 mhz), 640k ram, 20mb hd, 3 1/4" floppy (720k), MCGA grafix.
My dad gave it to me (from my grandparents, it was a few systems old) in 1999. I played old Sierra games, Dune, and wrote papers on it.
The first pc I actually paid for was:
Athlon XP 1800+
512mb pc-133 ram (later upgraded to 1gb)
40gb hd
Geforce 4mx 420 (later upgraded to geforce fx 5600)
Sound Blaster Live
CD-RW (later added dvd-rw)

It was a 486DX/66 if I remember correctly........ it had a nice MS DOS 6.22 + WfWG 3.11 setup, before it was upgraded to Win95. I was about 8 or so back then, and this started my jump into desktop computing....... I also remember my dad taking it apart and upgrading it to a Pentium 90 (quite a huge leap for the day).

First PC in which I actually paid with my own money:

An Athlon XP 2000+, 256MB RAM, GeForce3 graphics card, WinXP Pro

FireFox said:
Probably because you are young. :p

Other then the Commodore 64.....I still have my first "computer". It's sitting in it's carrying bag right next to my desk...right now it's serving as an end table to hold my alarm clock. It still works perfectly good....has quite a few entertaining things on it.

wcapmas2.jpg

That's what she looks like...a lot of people take them and turn them into fish tanks. :D
the Mac classic. I have one of those.
an amazing 128KB memory total, and a 7.86MHZ CPU, which also served as the GPU.
Oh, and it was the first computer ever to use 3.5" floppy disks.

Pentium III

My first pc i could call my own was a 500 mhz intel pentium III.

It was a win 98 pc, 128mb of ram, Slot 1. Floppy and cd-rom.

But i have upgraded the crap out of it.

I was able to upgrade it to a 1.3 ghz processor, 384 mb of ram, dvd burner, and Win XP.:) I think i was able to do quite a bit to it for it being a desktop Dell. Oh and i have 17 in Flat screen monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom