Your favorite Science Fiction Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
stargate sg-1 and atlantis. It sux though, that sg-1 is ending this year. But after jack left sg-1, the show just wasn't the same to me.

I'm a fan of science fiction (I'm into science and astronomy... it's almost cliché). But I'm gonna just go ahead and say it: most sci-fi tv series suck bawls!

They mostly have cheesy storylines, lousy actings and nonsensical technology. Most of these shows aren't really "science-fiction", but just space-themed fiction.

I've watched quite a few episodes of Star Trek, Andromeda, Stargate SG-1, Lexx and some others and the above opinion is valid for all of them.

I think right now the only decent series is Battlesta Galactica (only watched the first season). It's borderline decent.

I used to like Space: Above and Beyond because the series was in fact about the characters, not about crazy futuristic gizmos.

Firelfy was good, too. It's a syndrome: all decent sci-fi series get cancelled.

Harper said:
Children Of Dune -- I will add the 1984 movie too. However the first Hallmark miniseries really sucked.

I hope you don't mean this miniseries. It's a masterpiece, a true tribute to Herbert's work. I enjoyed it a lot. The David Lynch movie is, on the other hand, a complete crap. I don't care how "famous" he is.

Yea, after Richard Dean Anderson left, SG-1 just wasn't the same...doesn't surprise me that this is it's last season though.

From most interest to least
ST Voyager
ST TNG
BattleStar galactica (Man, anyone remember the original, boy was it BAD!!!)
SG SG1
SG Atlantis
Andromeda

forrestcupp said:
That's awesome! It may not be the same, though. I kind of got attached to the characters, like Donovan and Ham. I wonder if they will still be in it.

Yes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366112/
They still got....
Marc Singer playing Mike Donovan
Jane Badler playing Diana
Faye Grant playing Dr. Juliet Parrish

Meithan said:
I hope you don't mean this miniseries. It's a masterpiece, a true tribute to Herbert's work. I enjoyed it a lot. The David Lynch movie is, on the other hand, a complete crap. I don't care how "famous" he is.

Children of Dune (2003) kicked ***. Like i watch that mini series on a regulare basis. I do hope they continue with the next book on this series.

Dune Mini Series, even though storywise it cover a lot more than the 1984 movie, I did find that some of the actors and exspecially the costume design just left a bad taste in my mouth.
Since the mini series, they did re-release the 1984 movie as an extended version with an extra 60 minutes.
FireFox said:
Yea, after Richard Dean Anderson left, SG-1 just wasn't the same...doesn't surprise me that this is it's last season though.
It's the last season of SG1, however you have some of the cast is going to get moved over to SGA. And you have 3rd Star Gate series in the works.

gaara said:
I'm suprised no one mentioned The X-Files

The first few seasons of X-Files were awesome. Later they got kind of stupid. After Moulder left it wasn't even worth thinking about.

Harper said:
Yes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366112/
They still got....
Marc Singer playing Mike Donovan
Jane Badler playing Diana
Faye Grant playing Dr. Juliet Parrish

That's incredible! This is going to be awesome. Too bad nobody knows when or even if it is coming out. V is cool.

Harper said:

It's the last season of SG1, however you have some of the cast is going to get moved over to SGA. And you have 3rd Star Gate series in the works.

News to me....thanx. Can't wait to see it. I guess in the mean time i can re watch SG-1 all over again while im waiting ;).

And Stargate worlds is coming out too, so actually the future is looking bright for the Stargate universe :).

"See you on the other side" *waves* :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom