On your birthday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Beefcake my b-day is the 15th of July, 1989.

1099 - First Crusade: Christian soldiers take Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem after a difficult siege.
1799 - Rosetta Stone is found in the Egyptian village of Rosetta, by French Captain Pierre-François Bouchard.

2005 - Lee Seung Seop dies from exhaustion in South Korea after playing the computer game StarCraft continuously for 49 hours.

August 10th :p

I think it's a sign, since I'm a starcraft junkie :p

Beefcake said:
I'll start off first, born on July 16, 1990:

1945 - United State's Trinity bomb first nuclear explosion in the world (my favorite!)
1969 - The US Apollo 11 program launchs man's first trip to the moon
1979 - Saddam Hussein becomes President of Iraq
1990 - An earthquake measuring 7.7 kill's 1,600 people in the Phillipines

Intresting to know on the day I was born a massive earthquake accured killing lots of people. A testament to my almost god like power? Perhaps...

Also Will Ferrell was born on July 16, funny man I must say.

Hey look I got my work done for me :D

February 28th

#1935 - Nylon is discovered by Wallace Carothers.
#1973 - Formation Of the American Hard Rock Band KISS
#1983 - The final episode of M*A*S*H is broadcast in the USA, becoming the most watched television episode in history, with 106–125 million viewers in the U.S
#1998 - Kosovo War: Serbian police begin the offensive againt the KLA in Kosovo.

November 3rd

1493 - Christopher Columbus first sights the island of Dominica in the Caribbean Sea.
1783 - John Austin, a highwayman, is the last to be publicly hanged at London's Tyburn gallows. (ouch)
1913 - The USA introduces an income tax.
1982 - The Salang tunnel fire in Afghanistan kills up to 2,000+ people. (so far i have the highest death toll)
1992 - U.S. presidential election: Democratic challenger Bill Clinton defeats incumbent Republican George H.W. Bush and independent candidate Ross Perot.
1998 - Former professional wrestler Jesse Ventura is elected Governor of the U.S. state of Minnesota.

That was only a few of them heres all of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_3

DECEMBER 25TH

* 274 - Roman Emperor Aurelian has a temple dedicated to Sol Invictus on the supposed day of the solstice and day of rebirth of the Sun.
* 800 - Coronation of Charlemagne as Holy Roman Emperor, in Rome.
* 1066 - Coronation of William the Conqueror as king of England, at Westminster Abbey, London.
* 1223 - St. Francis of Assisi assembles the first Nativity scene.
* 1261 - John IV Lascaris of the restored Eastern Roman Empire is deposed and blinded by orders of his co-ruler Michael VIII Palaeologus.
* 1599 - The city of Natal, Brazil is founded.
* 1643 - Christmas Island founded and named by Captain William Mynors of the East India Ship Company vessel, the Royal Mary.
* 1776 - George Washington and his army cross the Delaware River to attack the Kingdom of Great Britain's Hessian mercenaries in Trenton, New Jersey.
* 1818 - The first performance of "Silent Night" takes place in the Church of St. Nikolaus in Oberndorf, Austria.
* 1837 - Battle of Okeechobee: United States forces defeat Seminole Indians.
* 1868 - U.S. President Andrew Johnson grants unconditional pardon to all Civil War Confederate soldiers.
* 1868 - Shogunate rebels found Ezo Republic in Hokkaido.
* 1914 - World War I: Known as the Christmas truce, German and British troops on the Western Front temporarily cease fire.
* 1917 - Why Marry?, first dramatic play to win a Pulitzer Prize, opens at the Astor Theatre in New York City.
* 1926 - Hirohito becomes Emperor of Japan, succeeding the Taisho Emperor.
* 1932 - A magnitude 7.6 earthquake in Gansu, China kills ~70,000 people.
* 1939 - Charles ****ens' A Christmas Carol is read on the radio for the first time (CBS radio).
* 1939 - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is introduced by Montgomery Ward stores.
* 1941 - World War II: Battle of Hong Kong ends, beginning the Japanese Occupation of Hong Kong.
* 1947 - The Constitution of the Republic of China goes into effect.
* 1971 - In the longest game in NFL history (82m40s), the Miami Dolphins defeat the Kansas City Chiefs.
* 1973 - The ARPANET crashes when a programming bug causes all ARPANET traffic to be routed through the server at Harvard University, causing the server to freeze.
* 1974 - Cyclone Tracy devastates Darwin, Northern Territory Australia.
* 1974 - Marshall Fields drives a vehicle through the gates of the White House, resulting in a four-hour standoff.
* 1977 - Prime Minister of Israel Menachem Begin meets in Egypt with President of Egypt Anwar Sadat.
* 1987 - In one of the highest-rated episodes in Coronation Street history, Hilda Ogden leaves her home of 23 years to be a char to her doctor in the country.
* 1989 - Nicolae CeauÅŸescu, former communist dictator of Romania, and his wife Elena are condemned to death and executed under a wide range of charges.
* 1991 - Mikhail Gorbachev resigns as president of the Soviet Union (the union itself is dissolved the next day).
* 2003 - The ill-fated Beagle 2 probe which was released from the Mars Express Spacecraft on December 19, disappears shortly before its scheduled landing.
* 2004 - Cassini orbiter releases Huygens probe which successfully landed on Saturn's moon, Titan on January 14, 2005.

OCTOBER 3rd

* 2333 BC - Legendary establishment of the Kingdom of Korea (in the name of Joseon).
* 42 BC - First Battle of Philippi: Triumvirs Mark Antony and Octavian fight an indecisive battle with Caesar's assassins Brutus and Cassius.
* 1283 - Dafydd ap Gruffydd, prince of Gwynedd in Wales, becomes the first person executed by drawing and quartering.
* 1574 - The Siege of Leiden is lifted by the Watergeuzen.
* 1712 - The Duke of Montrose issues a warrant for the arrest of Rob Roy MacGregor
* 1739 - The Treaty of Nissa is signed by the Ottoman Empire and Russia at the end of the Russian-Turkish War, 1736-1739.
* 1778 - British Captain James Cook anchors in Alaska.
* 1789 - George Washington proclaims the first Thanksgiving Day.
* 1795 - General Napoleon Bonaparte first rises to national prominence being named to defend the French National Convention against armed counter-revolutionary rioters threatening the three year old revolutionary government.
* 1863 - Thanksgiving Day declared as the fourth Thursday in November by President Abraham Lincoln.
* 1873 - Captain Jack and companions are hanged for their part in the Modoc War
* 1918 - King Boris III of Bulgaria takes the throne
* 1929 - The Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes is renamed to Kingdom of Yugoslavia, "Land of the South Slavs".
* 1932 - Iraq gains independence from Britain.
* 1935 - Italy invades Ethiopia under General de Bono (replaced November 11 by Pietro Badoglio).
* 1942 - First successful launch of A4-rocket from Test Stand VII at Peenemünde, Germany: the first man-made object to reach space.
* 1951 - New York Giants beat the Brooklyn Dodgers 5-4, winning the National League pennant, with Bobby Thomson's "The Shot Heard 'Round the World".
* 1952 - United Kingdom successfully tests a nuclear weapon.
* 1953 - Petrobras is founded by the Brazilian government.
* 1955 - Captain Kangaroo debuts on CBS.
* 1955 - The Mickey Mouse Club debuts on ABC.
* 1960 - Niger gains independence from France.
* 1962 - At Cape Canaveral the Mercury 8 blasts off with Astronaut Wally Schirra aboard for a nine-hour flight.
* 1981 - The Hunger Strike by Irish Republican Army prisoners at the Maze jail in Belfast ends after seven months and 10 deaths.
* 1981 - The Communist Party of Namibia is founded at a conference in Angola.
* 1985 - Space Shuttle Atlantis flys its maiden voyage. (STS-51-J)
* 1990 - Re-unification of Germany. The German Democratic Republic ceases to exist, and East German citizens become part of the European Community, which later became the European Union. Now celebrated as German Unity Day.
* 1991 - Arkansas governor Bill Clinton declares candidacy for President of the United States.
* 1993 - Battle of Mogadishu: In an attempt to capture officials of warlord Mohamed Farrah Aidid's organization in Mogadishu, Somalia, 18 US Army Rangers and about 1000 Somalis are killed in heavy fighting.
* 1995 - O. J. Simpson is found not guilty of murder.

I'm not gonna research it, but I know that President Garfield died on my bday (september 19th). I also live about 10 minutes from his actual house. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom