Are you racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think those tests are kinda stupid--they really don't prove anything or prove that you're a racist just because they conclude you prefer the company of white people. Race is a made up issue as far as I'm concerned; I don't believe in it.
Just like species, races are just arbitrary labels people have come up with to separate distinctly different physical characteristics, and/or geographic separation (and therefore culture differences) between groups of humans

Now, what exactly does the word 'racist' mean?
An irrational bias towards members of a racial background. The bias can be positive (e.g. one race can prefer the company of its own race or even another) or it can be negative (e.g. one race can hate another). To qualify as racism, the bias must be irrational. That is, it cannot have a factual basis for preference.
In other words, somebody who takes a mental stance for or against a group of people with the same or different physical characteristics, or geographic separation from other/their own groups.

A subjective judgement applied to a non-subjective fact.

If you merely acknowledge that there are often distinct physical and/or cultural differences between races (size, shape or colour of different aspects of the body), that does not make one racist.

Is being racist towards racists considered racism?

Its called your confusing my behind.

Sig for TheEnd: PS3 Folds like a , erm, hmm, folding machine ?
Sig for Phantom: How We all Hate Barry Scott
Trotter: I am nameing no names

dont use any of my comments as sigs, this one in particular. By saying this does this mean you will use it as a sig ?

dayumm im confusing my own behind now :(

back to the racist thing.... yeah im "racist" for not supporting illegal immigrants entering the states . What really ******* me off is the fact that when these immigrants begin these rallies to protest equal rights to that of a legally born american citizen, they arent arrested and deported as illegals. How would the mexicans like it if Americans flocked to Mexico and started rallies to demand Mexican citizenship. They would be yelling "yankee go home".

Just like species, races are just arbitrary labels people have come up with to separate distinctly different physical characteristics, and/or geographic separation (and therefore culture differences) between groups of humans

Now, what exactly does the word 'racist' mean?
In other words, somebody who takes a mental stance for or against a group of people with the same or different physical characteristics, or geographic separation from other/their own groups.

A subjective judgement applied to a non-subjective fact.

If you merely acknowledge that there are often distinct physical and/or cultural differences between races (size, shape or colour of different aspects of the body), that does not make one racist.
I'll just point out that the only difference between the labels 'race' and 'species' is that races are applied to humans only, and differences in races usually are much less than different species of animals.
Though that's really only because 'race' is only applied to humans (one species)

No one calls us Yankees any more... they call us immoral, brutish, manipulating *******s. Come on now.

And I bleeped that on my own, thank you.

And I just want to point out that most people prefer to be with there own race, especially in rural areas. It has nothing to do with hatred... its because their 'features' can make people uncomfortable. I used to be extremely weird with black people (they arnt all African Americans) because I just couldn't get used to it... now it dosn't bother me.

back to the racist thing.... yeah im "racist" for not supporting illegal immigrants entering the states . What really ******* me off is the fact that when these immigrants begin these rallies to protest equal rights to that of a legally born american citizen, they arent arrested and deported as illegals. How would the mexicans like it if Americans flocked to Mexico and started rallies to demand Mexican citizenship. They would be yelling "yankee go home".

why not support them? they do more than that OTHER race, and whats wrong with a peaceful rally? Would you rather have them do some of the things that the OTHER minority does eg. steal, riot, loot, kill people, not do anything.... and not everyone is from New York, and i havent hear "yankee" in a long time. Gringo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom