you know your comp is old when .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
harper! lol... iv been wondering what ur sig's about for a long ass time.... but then last night i was watching beverly hill's ninja and now it all comes together!
the world makes sense now..

Harper said:
When (Current Version) of Office has min. specs greater than your computer's specs.

When internal modem driver do not want to work on your comptuer as they require a min. of an MMX Processor.

When your ISP's Tech Support says "Sorry, we don't not support computers that old."
Optusnet refuses to support you computer on any of their connections if it's lower than a P-100.

When your ISP's Tech Support says "Sorry, we don't not support computers that old" ; after you managed to get MS Windows 98 running.
Again, OptusNet. True Story.

When you computer's motherboard as VESA extenstion on your ISA slot for your VGA card.

When your hard drive size is still mensioned in Mb.

When the capasity of a CD is bigger that your total hard drive capasity.

When you have SIMM memory modules.

When you have CD Rom drive requires you to insert your CD Rom via a caddy.

When 8 3/4' Inch Floppy Drives.

When you have maxed out your colour depth, and you can still count all the colours (all 16 of them).

When the cost of repairing your computer is greater that what it is to purchase another one with exactly the same specs.
Happens too many times in my job.

When you do not have a PS2 Port for your mouse or keyboard.

I have a computer which has half of those, an old k6-2. It isnt event that old.

It's funny, the 166 I had, it had PS2 ports, but the AMD k6-2 300 is still AT with din's.

the k6-2 i have has all the things i could ever want including an agp slot ps2 usb sound and 5 pci slots so i aint complaining mine is 450mhz btw

You know your computer is old when it uses:

EDO memory
2 PCI slots, 4 ISA!
8mb of RAM onboard the motherboard
1mb of video memory, with a module to upgrade it to 2
A passive heatsink
4x CDROM drive
1.2gb HD
28.8K modem
And it has jimmy hoffa in it!

Static_11 said:
harper! lol... iv been wondering what ur sig's about for a long ass time.... but then last night i was watching beverly hill's ninja and now it all comes together!
the world makes sense now..

Ha Ha! :lol:
I was not talking about my computer there.

Most of that is when I reflect back to when ever one of the guys I work with brings back a machine for repair, and over all it's just better for me to offer a death certificate to it.

uzi9mm said:
2 PCI slots, 4 ISA!
LOL!

You know your computer is old when you have more ISA Slots than PCI slots.
(Although I do miss the old ISA modems as appose to the cheap P.O.S. that are out today)

When you cry everytime you come to the forums because you see what type of computers everyone else has. :(

When people think you are bragging rather than being humble.. ("no no thats 300Mb, not 300Gb")

EDO Ram!! w00t that stuff was fun. You never knew if it was going to take your fingers off everytime you fiddled with it.

I like old PCs they are wierd. I have one that will run Wolf3D but only if i don't load up windows aswell. Funny thing is you always know when theres an enemy comming or in the next room - the PC chuggs to load the data. So you get a RAM crunch warning everytime your going to get shot at.

Used to be beige, but now its sort of dirty brown, except where the stickers fell off which has turned black due to little things sticking to the remaining glue.

My Hard drives are cooler than my CPU for some unknown reason now lol........... HDD one is usualy at 100F >_< HDD 2 is usualy at 94F right with my CPU and Idle........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom