You know how some of us diss Indian tech guys?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
I was just reading a "bio" of IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), and was pretty surprised!..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Institute_of_Technology

In 2005, a ranking by The Times Higher Education Supplement named the IITs as the third-best institutes for engineering and IT in the world only after Massachusetts Institute of Technology and University of California, Berkeley. As compared to 2004, this year IITs replaced Stanford University to claim the 3rd spot.

I did NOT know that.. :eek:

And some interesting quotes:

* N.R. Narayana Murthy, founder Infosys: "My son wanted to do Computer Science. But to be in the IITs he had to be among the top 200 in the country. So he chose Cornell."

* N.R. Narayana Murthy, founder Infosys: "I do know cases where students who couldn't get into Computer Science at IITs, they have gotten scholarship at MIT, at Princeton, at Caltech."

* Vinod Khosla, Venture Capitalist: "When I finished IIT Delhi and went to CMU for my master's, I thought I was cruising all the way through Carnegie Mellon because it was so easy, relative to the education I had gotten at IIT Delhi."

Man.. the life of "mediocre" tech guys in North America is getting harder by the day ain't it? IIT itself doesn't produce too many students, but it's the precedence they place on other local universities. These guys are willing to work for much less but have a good education too.. *sigh*

Eh...this reminds me of some dude who used to be active on a different forum I was around...they had applications for forum admin and he was 19 at the time and wrote down something like "1994 - DOS based software developer" which would make him supposedly like six at the time of this job

I believe people in some of these countries are considered better skilled simply because the demand for a job is wayyy above how many jobs are actually availible therefore people work and train harder

So if that is case, then how come I am drowning in Stupiditiy when I call HP.

You mean call center guys?.. I doubt any of them have a university education man. Same goes for the people I talk on the phone in North America. They just don't know what they are doing. All these call center people are not very knowledgable/educated at all - regardless of where u are from.

Everytime I talked to them, I have to end up solving my own problem. :rolleyes:. So, I just don't bother anymore.

Just recently, I called up Bell Mobility to get some info about their security infracture for a company myself and a few guys are working on. But the person (after being referred by two other people) didn't know how to answer my question. :rolleyes:.. So after like 10 min of nothing and flaky answers, I just hung up. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom